Just came back last night from here. Centrally located on theStrand.Read reviews prior to our trip and was a bit apprehensive as hubby is disabled and we needed wheelchair accessible room Not a problem here. Lovely big airy room which was spotless, although we did not have a view. Walk in shower but water spilled ont floor but we had been provided with extra towels to catch it. (this has also happened in o called "good hotels" in the u.k. likewise tiled floors slipppery when wet. A strip of non slip flooring would be better Also a stool/chair to sit on. (my husband has M.S and only has use of one arm and leg. But we managed.
Staff were fantastic. Nothing too much trouble and very friendly.
Food was buffet style and plenty of it albeit if you were there for more than a week I am told you get the same menu. We ate there all but two as we celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary while there. Great views from rooftop and very central for shops and bars. The promenade across the road was great for wheelchair users, Very flat. What made our holiday was the local buses. All wheelchair friendly and at 6.50 Euros for a weeks travel made it possible to see much of the island which we did not think we could. We were lucky with the weather. Only rained one day in the afternoon although a thunderstorm the previous night.
One place to visit is Oblico which is situated across from reception. Great coffee and cakes to die for, They also do snacks, pasta dishes and sandwiches.
Black Gold a few hundred yards from hotel is also very good. We were there with my sister and brother in law but we met so many lovely people it would not have mattered. We would go back perhaps in May or September for a wee bit warmer weather, but all in all a great break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TravelUp, Odigeo and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta