Stayed for a budget week's holiday in February 2014 with friends who had stayed here before and recommended that we go for a higher floor bay view room: we were in 509, they were in 502. The room made a difference to the experience - I've posted a photo of the layout and the room. Our room area was OK overall, but it was narrow making it a squeeze past the beds and the balcony was the smallest on the floor. Their room was probably similar area but squarer so felt more spacious and had a much larger balcony. I did ask if we could change but was told there were no alternatives available.
One consequence of the room layout was the bathroom had possibly the most awkward shower I have ever used - there is a photo. There was a mini bath with a fixed shower screen leaving a tight gap to get through. Once you had got in there was a step in the bath exactly where you would naturally want to stand so you'd have to be too close or too far away from the shower head. Very odd.
The staff were very friendly and cleanliness was good, but a lot of the fittings had seen better days (see pic of the bathroom door). Did not detract from the holiday but set the ambiance for the hotel - OK for the budget holiday that we were on. I did tell reception that water leaked from the sink but it was not rectified.
The breakfast was good in quantity with a choice of hot and cold dishes but again clearly at the budget end of the spectrum. The dining area was quite large and just managed to cope, though on the busiest day there was a bit of a scramble to get a table.
The location is good for exploring Malta with loads of buses stopping outside and the outlook from the room was very enjoyable. You are overlooking a very busy road and there was quite a bit of traffic noise, but it did not cause us any trouble.
Summary: OK for a budget break. I would be happy to stay here again but would probably choose to pay a bit more and stay elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta