We have recently returned from a 5 night holiday staying at Bay View hotel. I must say we were surprised when we were told about staying in a seperate building but it is only a 2-3 minute walk and a very slight slope (if any) up the street to the side of the hotel.
Our first room was on the ground floor of this newly built building and was absolutely huge and sparkling clean although it only had a small window in the kitchen area looking out to a wall so it was very dark in the room and we found it was quite noisy the following morning due to workmen building on the level below us. We took ourselves to reception who were more than willing to help and arranged for us to see 3 rooms and choose one we liked the most. We chose a room on level 6- with a large terrace looking over the pool area (the annex building has use of a seperate pool as well) which was lovely, not as big but everything we could need and i found the cleaners were amazing-
Being self catering we knew there would be no washing up liquid etc as this is the whole point of going self catering but there are plenty of shops to buy things at a good price and on our first morning after cooking breakfast and realising we had forgotten washing up liquid we begrudgingly left our washing up only to return later that day after buying some to see the cleaners had already done it for us! They were there every day with fresh towells and one lady even brought me a sewing kit to borrow from her home!
Overall we were very happy, we found a great film channell on the tv- in english! And i don't think asking for a deposit for the remote is unreasonable after working in a hotel myself i know how many go missing as silly as it sounds!.. So i would definitely recommend to ask for rooms in the new building but make sure you are up high and with a terrace if possible. There are lots of lovely bars and restaurants 2 minutes walk away so it's in the perfect position.
We are going back in September!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta