Stay from 15 to 22 June 2014
Everything about this hotel is a disappointment. Things sound good but aren't really quite right.
- The address is in Siliema, really you are in il-GzÏra. This means that you are 500 meters from the tourist buses, boats and the town centre. There are a lot of building sites to go by to get to the town centre on foot. There is a bus stop at the front door though.
- there are indoor and outdoor pools on the roof - true. They are a bit small, and the water was cold (even compared to the sea!) probably not more that 25°C. Used the jacuzzi but was a bit concerned about the cleanliness of the water.
- the rooms are not bad, as long as you don't look too close. Lots of tiles chipped. don't walk bare foot as you shall have to wash your feet, the bed sheets are thin nearly threadbare, and the quilt things very tired (ripped on the inside). You shall have trouble controlling the air conditioning, as the thermostat is a bit wonky - either too cold or you stifle.
- I would suggest that you not ask for a room with a sea view, sounds nice but : you get all the traffic noise, and make to most of the very noisy fun faire that is on Manoel island. So you are going to be looking at a wall or roof tops.
- The restaurant:
Breakfast - Poor - If you want coffee then you have to pay for a cup, the liquid in the machines is bad, really bad. Poor choice of fruit and yoghurt. Fruit drinks are squash not juice. If you want healthy eating then your out of luck. Baked beans and toast are OK.
** a good point ** the girls who work for free in the restaurant are very pleasant and make up for a lot. Strange I thought that slavery was finished in Europe. Nice to be a trainee these days.
Half-board - don't.
The food is from a bad school canteen.
There is so much choice on the seafront of some really good food, don't waste you time here. You can go over to Valetta and get a banquet for 15 euros, or simply a great pasta dish in a pub for 10 € with a beer.
Oh! and if you have paid half-board, sorry for you mate, the drinks (including water) are extra but not too expensive.
- Everything has to be paid for!
WiFi = 2 € for 60 minutes - 5 € for 24 hours etc, and the bandwidth is slow haven't seen that since a 56k modem!
A safe in your room = 10€ deposit (OK) and 2.5 € per day. Who are the thieves?
Weigh your bag to take the plane = 1 €
Sorry but don't go as a happy couple, who ever didn't chose the hotel will not be happy about it!
Well I haven't written many reviews, but this was necessary.
Get your act together Mr hotel manager. You could have a good product, shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta