It was rated as a 3 star hotel but this was not the case. I have stayed in 3 star hotels in other countries and this by far was not up to that standard. The rooms were very basic but to be fair were spotless and cleaned everyday. Towels were changed everyday. It is in a great location. Staff were friendly and accommodating. When we arrived the small fridge was leaking and we reported this to the receptionist (who was very friendly) and by the Monday we had a full size replacement. Negatives were having to pay for the fridge and TV remote (€20 deposit).We tried the restaurant one evening but didn't actually eat there as there was only 2 choices of main course - one was fish and other was chicken so if you like neither you are very limited. We tried the breakfast one morning which wasn't great - but to be far it was included in our price and you get what you pay for so we weren't too bother. The cafe downstairs was fantastic with fresh delicious baguettes so we ate there. Best restaurant to eat in was Pebbles, food was delicious and steak was mouth watering, definitely recommend it. Staff were very friendly and service was great. Went to St. Julians and views there were great and plenty of shops. We ate in Paparazzi's and food was delicious - if you like fresh fish try "the aquarium" platter of 4 different fish. Also went to Valletta and again views lovely. Ate in Mamma Mia's and again food was delicious and service great. Only annoying thing was we were seating outside which was nice as it was so warm in inside but as there was no smoking in the restaurant people came outside and sat at tables beside us smoked and then went back in side which was kind of annoying as were are non smokers and were eating. Overall it was a really great place and would go back again but would pay out a bit more to get a better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites is perfectly situated on the Sliema Seafront, close to various bus stops and the Sliema Ferries, allowing easy access to some of Malta's hot spots. What's more, this superior three star hotel is within walking distance of Sliema Centre Shopping hub and the Sliema promenade which is very popular for its cafes, restaurants, shops and bars to relax and soak up the sun. Enjoy browsing the web free of charge in our medium sized lobby which offers a 24 hour reception desk, or enjoy a snack and a coffee served from our café between eight in the morning up to late in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotelopia, Lastminute, HostelWorld, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel And Suites Malta/Sliema