We have just come back from spending a week (18-25 Oct) at this hotel. I booked via easyjet holidays and frankly after reading some of the reviews on here did not expect too much for the price we paid. We had requested a seaview room and we were put in one on the first night (we arrived late- 10.30pm) on the third floor. It was cold and very noisy and was on the same floor as the green neon sign on the hotel's facade. I told the night desk clerk that we had requested an upper floor and he told me to see reception in the morning as at that time there wasn't much he could do. Next morning after a disturbed night (traffic noise etc) I went down to reception and was offered not just another room but a choice of two. One on the 5th floor and one on the 6th floor. We took the one on the 6th floor- room 613 with a 'side' sea view. I preferred it as the view was better, looking along the strand and over to the capital Valleta. The room was much bigger also and had a sort of corridor which meant the room itself seemed much larger than the standard seaview rooms. We also has a fridge (although you have to pay to use it). Seemingly this is normal in Malta where you get a basic price for a room and then all the extras are added like fridge,room safe, tv control etc. We only paid for the fridge and did not use the other 'amenities'. I was impressed by the way the room change was handled. The breakfast on the top floor is in a large bright room with an impressive terrace with a view towards Valleta. It had all the usual continental breakfast offerings and the highlight was the coffee machine which was first rate. The staff were friendly and polite but the speed at which they replaced the food, cups and plates meant that many people ended up having to drink coffee from small glasses on occasion. Simply having more cups would be a simple way to avoid having to wash them up while breakfast is being served!!! One thing that needs to be mentioned is the behaviour of the kitchen hand who occasionally would come out to the breakfast room and change trays. He had the unpleasant habit of picking his nose when he thought people were not watching and on one occasion picked up both ham and cheese with his (dirty) hands. As you can imagine I stopped eating these after I had seen this happen twice. He needs to stay in the kitchen in his stained t-shirt and leave the changing of trays to the waiting staff. The room was changed daily (sheets and towels) and we were very happy with the housekeeping even if they need a mould remover for the bathroom. The lack of proper ventilation in some of the rooms is the main problem and in bathrooms an extractor fan is essential when two people are using the toilet!!!!!!! In the first room we were in there was no fan and it was most unpleasant. The front desk staff were always polite and very efficient even the man who works at night who incidentally was having a screaming match with some Italian teenagers when we arrived. He chucked them out of the hotel and we still don't know why that happened, but immediately afterwards dealt with us in a courteous and efficient manner if a little gruff.. All in all it was much better than I had read on this site but I think your experience very much depends on the room you end up in. My top tip is room 613 in the side extension it is not as noisy and has a better view than the standard rooms which actually look at Manoel island not Valletta which is behind the island. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is within walking distance of everything you would need for transport-buses ferries etc. I would recommend this hotel for a budget holiday even though it could do with a little updating- it was fine for a week's stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites is perfectly situated on the Sliema Seafront, close to various bus stops and the Sliema Ferries, allowing easy access to some of Malta's hot spots. What's more, this superior three star hotel is within walking distance of Sliema Centre Shopping hub and the Sliema promenade which is very popular for its cafes, restaurants, shops and bars to relax and soak up the sun. Enjoy browsing the web free of charge in our medium sized lobby which offers a 24 hour reception desk, or enjoy a snack and a coffee served from our café between eight in the morning up to late in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel And Suites Malta/Sliema