Booked Hotel Strand Malta in November 2012 for May 1st -9th 2013. Website as well the Guest book for amenities in the room state all bedrooms have Heat & Air condiditoning controllable as you require. In reality hotel switched off the air condition. No one from the Agency / Hotel prior to arrival advised otherwise and even at check in nothing was mentioned.
I had to raise the issue when heat was coming out instead of cool air. Manager said I was being unreasonable to expect the Hotel policy to be altered for one guest even though it clearly states everywhere they so and no stipulation on dates etc. Even on the front door of the hotel they have air conditioning please close door.
Manager provided a fan not checking if there was a health and safety issue as the lead went across the hallway, so you had to jump over it, together with the leaking toilet so floor was all wet.
When brought to his attention about the guest book in my room and how it stated Air conditioning he declined to comment as he didn’t know what was actually in the book within his own room.
I wrote and complained once back from my sleepless vacation as the room was like a sauna and the agency first ignored my email, then stated well you got what you wanted on paper if not in reality, then they reckon unable to get hold of the hotel, yet when booking they responded in a couple of days.
Now they offer £20.00 compensation for something they had no intention of providing the guest but didn’t even bother to advise the customer beforehand so he can have the choice and think this is acceptable. The agent also try to claim that no one owns their company and have seen others who have had issues when problems occur and prefer to ignore.
As they refuse to offer a reasonable compensation and did ruin my vacation I have take this matter further. But do check beforehand that the hotel does offer all that it says it will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites is perfectly situated on the Sliema Seafront, close to various bus stops and the Sliema Ferries, allowing easy access to some of Malta's hot spots. What's more, this superior three star hotel is within walking distance of Sliema Centre Shopping hub and the Sliema promenade which is very popular for its cafes, restaurants, shops and bars to relax and soak up the sun. Enjoy browsing the web free of charge in our medium sized lobby which offers a 24 hour reception desk, or enjoy a snack and a coffee served from our café between eight in the morning up to late in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Il Gzira
- 115 The Strand Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel Sliema
- 115 The Strand Hotel And Suites Malta/Sliema