“The view you want”

115 The Strand Hotel and Suites
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed at 115 The Strand Aparthotel every year for the past 6yrs. I always go for the Suite which has the most amazing views, and also has a balcony. it is worth the few extra Euros to get a Suite as you have much more room. Staff are always friendly and only too happy to help if they can and if they cannot they will point you in the right direction. The breakfast is above reasonable in its variety and the dinning room and the Hotel is always clean. 2 yrs ago I thought I had lost my wallet whilst out only to find that the cleaner had found it on the floor and put it beside my bed. I asked the Head cleaner to see the cleaner that found it so I could reward her for her honesty, she thanked me for the reward but said she was only doing her job. Extra plus, they have renovated.

Room Tip: Floors 3 -7 for good view. Go for the suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephen H
Luke S, Manager at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to review 115 The Strand. Your positive comments are deeply appreciated.

Our staff are all aware of how important is our guest and we make sure that while the guest is here they make him feel at home and as comfortable as possible.

I am glad that you are a loyal guest of ours'and you choose the 115 over and again. We look forward in hosting you once more in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had a short email conversation prior to arrival, and it went well. The hotel is located just across the street from the harbor and 50 meters from bus stops on each side of the street. I arrived late, and the hotel did not have any drinkable water even for sale. Happily, there are bars around that were still open. The room was cold and somewhat barren. In the morning, the place was a bit more lively with smiling ladies at the reception and sunny breakfast balcony. The food is good enough. The luggage room is not locked and the bags are not tagged, so it might be a bit risky, but Malta is known for quite a low crime rate. Overall, good option for a limited budget.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have windows to a tiny inner yard, so you cannot see anything from the windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Luke S, Manager at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience within the 115 The Strand. Your review is highly appreciated.

The location of our hotel has been always appreciated and highly sought after by our guests that find it convenient right in the center of Sliema close to all amenities, and right infront of the Marsamxett harbour. .

I am very sorry that you did not find water when you arrived because we have a vending machine available 24 hours conveniently located in the lobby area and as for the rooms I am pretty sure that our friendly ladies at the reception as you have kindly outlined would have been more than happy to change your room to a one that is up to your expectations and standards.

The luggage room is an extra free of charge service that we provide and guests are responsible for their belongings, however rest assured that we never had any problems with regards to theft.

In finally I thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and we look forward to welcome you once again at 115 the Strand.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

In January 2014 I had to spend a few days in this aparthotel.
Despite the very good location my stay there was far from satisfactory.
Unfortunately I got a room with no proper widows - beeing one of many located aroud a ventilation shaft.
Due this arrangement room had no natural lighting and it was dump, smelly and noisy.
Top two floors were in renovation so all hotel was full of dust.
Works were in progres saturday included - this disturbing guests sleep.
Top floor restaurant with great view but very poor menu.

Room Tip: Few rooms face the waterfront - rest are arranged around some ventilation shafts.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review 115 The Strand. We always take seriously our guest’s feedback and yours has been shared and discussed with the rest of the management.

We are obviously sorry and saddened to read about your experience that seemed to be below the standards we always provide at The Strand.

With regards to the rooms I am sorry it was not up to your expected standards but I am sure that our reception staff would have been more than happy to change you to one that meets to your expectations. They are always there to make sure the guest is content during his stay.

On another note we apologize if the food that did not meet your expectations as it is usually favourable by many guests staying here. Still, Chef has been informed too.

With regards to the refurbishment we would like to apologise for the small inconvenience caused. At the time of your stay it was soon coming to an end and were working hard to continue enhancing the standard of the hotel. .

I would kindly like to ask you to contact me at salesi@115aparthotel.com to discuss further your experience and let us have the chance to rectify what you found inconvenient during your stay and look forward for your next stay in which I am positive that your perception on 115 The Strand will change.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed April 2014. I had in mind recommendations to book sea view and higher floor, so I did it. We had side sea view on 6 floor, nice clean and cozy room with small balcony and sea view between 2 walls. Good breakfast and amazing view to Valletta and the harbor during it! Great location, you can reach Valletta by bus quite quickly - bus stop near by the hotel, or you can use the ferry, which is about 10 min walk. Polite and friendly, really helpful staff. Internet and TV cost about 10 € per day, so I didn't try it. I liked this hotel and will return, if I travel to Malta again. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Sea view or side sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marija,

Thank you for your nice comments about or hotel. It's very flattering to read such a good review/

Our fantastic location right across the sea is often complimented by guests who come here in fact.

We look forward in hosting you once again soon at the 115 The Strand.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed in an apartment (self-catering) for a week. The hotel is clean, provides a variety of possibilities. Excellent starting point for excursions and a magnificent view from the roof top terrace. I will definitely come again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Madame,

Thank you for sharing your review on our hotel. I enjoyed reading your nice comments.

We look forward in welcoming you here once again at the 115 The Strand and in sunny Malta for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel, and have nothing but praise for the standard of cleanliness, service and helpfulness of the staff. We stayed on a half board basis, and found the meals to be excellent.
The hotel is delightfully situated in Sliema with wonderful views across the harbour, and I would definitely recommend a room with a sea view.
I suffer from a severe chest condition, and the staff were outstanding in their help and understanding, especially with regard to my special requests regarding the room. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
We will most certainly be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views are well worth the cost.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridget B, Director of Sales at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Thank you for your lovely review.

It is always our pleasure to provide our guests with the best service possible and I am glad to know that you experienced just that. I'm sure that the rest of our team will be delighted to read such a great review.

It would be a pleasure to host you once again in the near future at 115 the Strand Hotel & Suites as we have also renovated the property.

Thanks & Regards,

Bridget Bonavia

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The staff was very helpful and nice. The hotel is very well situated for bus connections and
ferries (both to Valetta and excursion trips). Some noise from traffic is to be noted. The kitchenette is very useful even if small.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your lovely review.

Thanks & Regards,