“Clean & Great Location”
Review of Hotel Roma

Hotel Roma
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been a constant traveler over the last 20 years stayed in numerous Hotels, never bothered to review any of the Hotels I have stayed in so, this is a first.
The Hotel Roma is located in the heart of the Sliema Coast where all the fun is non stop. On an average you get what you pay for, not so with Hotel Roma, for a budget Hotel one certainly gets his money’s worth, nothing fancy but, it sure is home away from home, The Hotel is spotless clean, rooms are big enough for a couple, the continental breakfast is plentiful that includes various cold meats, cheese, bread, tea and coffee. The staff went out of their way to help when asked for assistance particularly, Rose, Jeanette, and Maria. I would recommend this Hotel to anybody looking for a Hotel that is easy on the wallet. I will certainly stay at the Hotel Roma again.
Vincent Spiteri
Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: beautiful view from 5th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank vincespit
There are newer reviews for Hotel Roma

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent and it is good value for money. Stayed in October 2013. The biggest drawback was the lack of air conditioning in my room, which was towards the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

we stayed here Oct 2013. We booked through Myprivatetravel.ie and it was the cheapest we could find. We weren't disappointed with our choice. The hotel is in a great location with great sea views if that is the room you book. The balconys are spacious and the rooms are clean and not cluttered. The staff are friendly and helpful. the only downside is the breakfast which is a sparse continental. We were in room 72 and it took a while for the water to heat up in the shower as the water pressure was low. Basic but good hotel,friendly staff and great location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cg57
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I travelled solo and stayed in Room 31 for two weeks in September 2013.
Hotel Roma is an excellent hotel with a perfect location for exploring the island.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful ensuring I had a very pleasant stay.
I will be returning to Hotel Roma one day and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Hotel Roma to everyone.
Bon Voyage!
Kevin

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A good hotel for the money, friendly staff and clean rooms, also central to beach, shops, buses, restaurants, basically anything you would need, so a perfect location. I was lucky to have a room with A/C, and a place to sit outside (actually a roof terrace as I was on the top floor) but please be aware that not all rooms have this, some rooms do not have A/C, and some do not have a balcony. And.......there is no pool !!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank katrinahains
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights from the moment walking in to the moment we walked out the staff were so polite and nice. The room was tidy, there was clean towels and bedding. We didn't have a balcony but you can use the one in the dining room, which had a lovely view of the sea. We only stayed bed and breakfast but the breakfast was nice and the service good. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank marinerEngland
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I'm going to be fair with this review. We picked a cheap hotel and so expected a certain standard and quality. We booked four nights there but unfortunately couldn't stay the full four nights as the bed linen absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke. It was really off putting, I woke up in the middle of the night almost choking. I understand smoking is normal in hotels but it did make me wonder if the sheets had been washed. I also managed (in the freak weather Malta was experiencing) to get the only midge in Malta! I got bitten 16 times that night! The room would suit a group of 20 some things wanting somewhere to rest their heads after a hard night drinking it was just unfortunate that I was not that. Nothing against the hotel and the restaurant underneath was actually one of the best places I ate whilst in Sliema (reviewed elsewhere). Maybe a lick of paint to brighten it up and some air fresheners??

Room Tip: get a room on a lower level. Maybe non smoking if they do them. And let them know if room doesn'...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple