“FANTASTIC HOLIDAY”
Review of The Palace

The Palace
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I recently spent 7 nights at the hotel, everything was perfect from the time I walked in. My suite was huge with the most amazing views, the bathroom was to die for. Everything I needed was there. The hotel has a very friendly feel about it and the staff really looked after me. I ate at the restaurants a few times, the food was amazing, I also spent a lot of time in the lobby lounge where I would have my coffee and read the papers. The hotel is very Chic, I loved the decor. I am going back to Malta and will certainly stay at The Palace Hotel again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Palace

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We don't normally stay in hotels this fancy, but a travel agent found the accommodations on sale. We figure any time spent in a hotel room, other than in bed or brushing teeth, is a misuse of our time. Still, we appreciated our balcony overlooking the street (not noisy). Yet the nearby church would ring its bells, on the hour, the half hour, the quarter hour, and also at random, I'm not kidding about this. One morning at 8:40 the bells rang once or twice every 20 or 30 seconds, for about 10 minutes. We attributed it to the Mad Monk of Sliema. Although the interior decor of this place is decidedly harsh in an overdone hard-edge modernistic style (OK, fussy architect talking here), this hotel redeemed themselves with a most splendid breakfast spread. You could eat breakfast here for over a month without repeating yourself. Many varieties of cheeses, fruits, nuts, olives, baked goods, cereals, juices, potatoes, and, of course, a full English breakfast, too. The front desk personnel are unfailingly attentive and amiable people. The location, while not in Valletta, is a short walk downhill to the ferry that goes to Valletta.

il gallese

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilGalese
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed in the hotel few days ago. It's hard to find any negative aspects. Room was spacious and always cleaned properly, staff super-nice and helpful. There was great food variety available for the buffest style breakfast.

Only negative things I can mention is that our room at the 4th floor was facing the church tower with the bell, ringing every 15 minutes. That’s the price for the great location, but you’ll get used to this during first day. Other thing was that the room was bit cold, even after adjusting the heating.

Overall, I recommend the hotel. Next time I'm visiting Malta, I'll choose this one again.

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors and try not to face the church.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Rado S
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Yesterday evening we have organised our work's section Christmas dinner at The Palace and the venue had to be shifted to Palazzo Capua. The room was well organised and very comfortable. The service was very good and the staff was excellent. Special thanks goes to Joe and his staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2012

After debating where to go for our holiday, we decide on the small island of Malta. There was a lot of choice in hotels but I am so happy that we chose The Palace Hotel. Right from the start our holiday couldn't get to a better start with the hotel reception being so welcoming & accommodating. Our 1st night we decided to relax in the hotel & visit the Talk of Town bar. We were not disappointed, the service from Clayton was professional, courteous & welcoming. He even went to lengths to advise us what to do while visiting. It was that good that for the week we stayed at the hotel, we must have visited the bar at least 4 nights out of the 7. Experiencing the same friendly, welcoming & professional service each time from Clayton & Lawrence. I would certainly recommend this hotel, but even if you are not a resident at the hotel you should defiantly go to the Talk of Town Bar. From everything from the prices being reasonable but the service & laughter that these 2 young men created was outstanding & made the atmosphere fabulous. The rooms were top class & for the price is worth every penny..

I would highly recommend this hotel & hope that the management team are aware of the wonderful staff they have in Clayton & Lawrence.. My extreme gratitude to the boys who made our holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

New hotel with contemporary rooms and great comfy beds. Clean rooms and lobby, well presented. Very friendly staff, particularly the concierge. Had a few drinks in the bar on the ground floor which was not the usual five star hotel prices (surprisingly), ate a good breakfast (although the coffee would put hairs on your chest!!) and ate dinner in the hotel's own restaurant, Tempt Asian, which was great. Tempt Asian is a Thai, Indonesian, Malayan etc food all very well presented and good quality.

Due to a public holiday on the day we arrived, the spa was closed so can't tell you about this.

The hotel is centrally located in the town, a ten minute walk down a slight hill to the water, ferry and shops. It's €20 approx each way in a cab from the airport to the hotel, and both cabbies were friendly and courteous.

The hotel itself has free wi fi (as do lots of places in the area) and often sport on the plasma tv in the bar. There's great seating in the sun outside on the terrace and even in December it was warm enough to do so.

My suggestions: I'd give each guest a free bottle of water in the room at night (large bottle supplied for €2.95), and slightly larger bath towels, but apart from that (even the church bells outside weren't too bad) for the price we paid for a double room (two double beds) and breakfast, it was exceptional value.
Would stay again next time we come back for business here.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Rev_Manager, Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Katrina,

Further to your review on Trip Advisor The Palace team is glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your constructive comments have been raised during our weekly operations meeting.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back at with us. Should you wish to place any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year

Jonathan Pisani
Operations Executive
jonathan.pisani@axhotelsmalta.com

Reviewed 10 December 2012

What a lovely Hotel, we stayed in the sister Hotel, the Victoria, both hotels are connected on the 7th Floor. We had a meal in the Palace a 5 course carvery, wonderful. We also had afternoon tea, which was really wonderful and very good value for the money. The reception area was so stylish, the lights were out of this world, the staff courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Jinty16,

On behalf of The Victoria and The Palace team, I would like to thank you for your postive comments. We are all glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Both hotels have different characteristics yet we cherish the same mentality. Our aim is to provide, Achieve and Improve Quality Service.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back at either The Palace or The Victoria. Should you ever plan any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Jonathan Pisani
Operations Executive
jonathan.pisani@axhotelsmalta.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
Hilton Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#8 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to The Palace? Share your experiences!