The Palace
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Hotel(Sliema)
  • Restaurant
3,679 results
All reviewschurch bellstemptasian restaurantinfinity poolcomfort roomtabloid restauranttown cafetop floorfive star hotellovely hotelsparkling winesauna and steam roomjunior suitesea frontst julianstea and coffeesister hotelshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I and our 20yr old daughter have just stayed for a week in this hotel. We wanted 2 rooms next to each other and this is just what we got with an adjoining door which was great. Although we were only on the 3rd floor in what they call a 'comfort room' we had a lovely view of the harbour although it also over looked the road but this was not a problem, great for people watching! We were also facing the church bells which I know other reviewers have found a problem but I can honestly say the chiming did not bother us at all and I we never heard them at night with the windows closed.

The rooms were clean and spacious and my daughters twin bedded room was more spacious than our double room. The air con worked well and we managed to stay cool at night despite the heat wave Malta was experiencing! The infinity pool on the 9th floor was perfect after a day sight seeing with a good bar service for food and drink.

We were on a B&B basis and the breakfast was excellent and set you up for the day, fantastic choice. We only ate once in the Hotel in their TempAsian restaurant on the 9th floor which gives you a beautiful view and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. There is not much atmosphere in the main restaurant which put us off eating there. The service at the bar is not the speediest but the staff are all very friendly.

Transport wise they can arrange taxis and trips very easily or give you advice on the busses and where to go and what to see if you need that. We arranged a taxi and early morning call when we left early morning and it made departure very stress free.

All in all a great hotel and I can highly recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a balcony facing the harbour and sea view and yes the higher the floor the better but only if you are facing the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tillytoodles
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Tillytoodles,

ear

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service we have provided during your stay, which we truly appreciate.

Our ultimate objective is to serve and satisfy you with your expectations. It is in fact only through your comments and suggestions that we may achieve what we are striving for.

With reference to the main restaurant I confirm that we have recently refreshed the outlet by giving it a warmer look for the evening meals.

Whilst thanking you for your lovely words and praise, I encourage you to contact us at any time for any help you might need in making any future bookings for your next visit in Malta. All the team will surely give their utmost to give you the 5 star service which we constantly strive for.

On behalf of all the management and staff at The Palace, I would like to thank you once again for your comments and suggestions.

Looking forward to meeting you and hosting your with us again.

Yours sincerely,

Jonathan Pisani
Operations Executive
jonathan.pisani@axhotelsmalta.com

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a lovely relaxing holiday at The Palace. Our room, which was a Comfort room on the 1st Floor was lovely and clean, and we had no problem with the nearby Chapel bells. The staff are very pleasant and always serve with a smile. The bar staff even remember your drinks order from the previous time you used the bar.
We booked our room for late check out due to a night flight and had a slight problem when after midday (normal check out time) we couldn't get back into the room but, Aimee on reception sorted promptly and very courteously. The food is very good with plenty of choice. For me the favourite selection is the salad bar, for my partner, he thoroughly enjoyed the various fish available, in particular the king prawns.
Thank you to all the staff at The Palace for a lovely relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at the Palace as a result of being put there for a week by Maltese employees.
if you go try to have a room with a harbour view, because the views of Valletta are stunning (thr higher the floor, the better the view).
5 star amenities (especially the comfort of the room, bed etc).
If there was any gripe at all it was the restaurant service (good, but not remarkable) and (as on full board) I never think 'eat-as-much-as-you-can' buffets are what 5 star service is about. I would rather place myself in the hands of an outstanding chef and ask him/her to excite my taste buds; food was good, but not sensational.

Room Tip: Upper floors, harbour view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at the palace hotel from the 15th of June for one week ,and what a lovely hotel it is ,it is set slightly on a hill so any one with walking problems may struggle but apart from that it is a great hotel with lovely staff , food is lovely and the hotel is smart and clean , thank you to our maid, we stayed in room 436 which had a slight sea view and she kept the room very clean so please thank her from us , the only thing which I think is wrong with the rooms are that there is not a second door into the toilet and with there being a open section above the bathroom sink any one in the room can hear you in the toilet but apart from that I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The island of Malta is beautiful just like the people of Malta, it was the first time for us in Malta but we will return and hopefully back to the palace , it is raining as I write this here in England and when we left Malta it was 32 degrees , says it all ?? . thank you Malta and thank you the palace hotel ..

1  Thank outlaw69
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife and arrived on the 3rd June 2013. I had just started a cold and was feeling awful, it took two days to recover enough for me to start enjoying our holiday. On Wednesday night we were getting ready for our first foray into Sliema, when I suddenly had an excruciating pain in my stomach. My wife informed the reception and they arranged for me to attend a private hospital. Many tests were done but I was still in pain. I was unable to leave our room and the reception staff were very concerned so they arranged for a doctor to examine me in my room. He diagnosed my problem as gastroenteritis and prescribed medicine to ease the pain. I can't praise all of the hotel staff high enough, in particular Pauline on reception and Rose our cleaning lady who went the extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible. This was our second visit to The Palace the food is excellent and the rooms are what you would expect a 5 star hotel to be. I can now say I can't think of a better hotel to be ill in. Another example of the excellence of the hotel is that my son and his new wife had arranged to stay at The Palace for the last few days of their honeymoon. So Pauline on reception arranged for them to stay in a magnificent room. It just put the icing on a wonderful honeymoon.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have views across the bay to Sliema 647-650 are the best