“Excellent difference”
Review of The Palace

The Palace
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I loved this different hotel - me being a Maltese national away from Malta for over 15 years always try to stay in different place = we found out about The Palace and my girl friend wanted to try it out - The pure difference in style for me was more then enough but everything exceeded our expectations. I am very fussy about stuff - so was not expecting much.
This hotel is a fresh breathe of air for Malta. While we were there we also had a tour with the innovative service from Duncan - Uphoto Malta - great experience which everyone should try once while in Malta - as Duncan will take you to places no one would ever suggest in Malta. I strongly rate this innovative stylish hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2009

I was in Malta for work and only had a day and the following morning to take in anything of Malta. The hotel staff bent over backwards to make sure I had enough information to get the most from my short stay and once I said I was interested in UPHOTOMALTA, it was game, set and match!! Duncan, although it was only for one, took me on his UPHOTOMALTA tour and I had the greatest time. As a keen amateur photographer I was looking for precisely what Duncan was offering and I would return to Malta, in a heart beat, to do it all over again!! Absolutely fantactic!! It was great being guided around Malta but the added bonus was how generous Duncan was with his knowledge of photography. If you need anymore reason to visit Malta, the sun and people not being enough, then UPHOTOMALTA, and the staff at the Palace Hotel are that reason.

Simply fantastic!!!

Mr O. Henderson

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank provided4
Reviewed 3 January 2009

We actually found this hotel through TripAdvisor and had to read all the reviews before deciding to make a booking! I am very selective and somewhat picky when it comes to quality and service because i work in the Cruise Line industry for a 5* Cruise Liner.
All i have to say is that at least my expectations were met
The Palace is a great hotel with more charm and character than most of the 5* multi-nationals that i have visited and with standards that match, or even exceed them ! It’s in a great part of town and everything is so close !
The service and staff were all exceedingly pleasant and the level of English was superb. The menu was plentiful and caters for all tastes. If they had some Greek food that would be great too but would never complain about that !
I can’t think of anything even slightly negative to say about this hotel except that it was just a little noisy sometimes when we had the windows opened as we had a room in the front of the hotel

All suggestions regarding our daily activities, from the Guest service desk, were fantastic....everywhere we went or visited left us the feeling that we would definitely come back one day.

I have to mention of a tour we took.....if i remember well it was called "Uphoto Malta". They take you to places like castles, beautiful landscapes....etc! Never before in my life i have taken so many pictures....!!! Glad my fiance had her camera with her cause i left mine at the hotel !!! In the beginning we were thinking of sightseeing the island on our own but we did n't know where exactly to go or visit !!! This tour does it for you and is quite affordable if you consider the expense of renting individuals to tour you around .....!!! But yet it's only my opinion

I totally recommend this hotel. Have n't planned another trip to Malta yet but when we do we know where we will be staying !

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pant75gr
Reviewed 3 January 2009

Spent a few days here in July 2008 and I really enjoyed it. Great location, rooms are spacious with fantastic views and large balconies for chilling out after a day touring the Isl. Over all I really enjoyed my stay here, staff were friendly, service was good and the food was excellent. The restaurant on the top floor does a tasty mixture of Asian cuisines and has the best view I saw while in Malta. I would definitely stay again.

Rod

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 2 January 2009

after booking on line.....i phoned the hotel to check swimming pool was open (indoors)..was assured it was...(have had similar trouble elsewhere)......it was shut when we arrived, much disapointment for my 4 year old daughter....breakfast was great....our room was not cleaned during our 5 day stay...nor linen changed...ok a new toilet roll appeared when necessary...light fitting fell out of ceiling in the bathroom..if anyone in the room above is wearing high heels you can tell exactly where they are....the roof top swimming pool was too cold to swim in...was awoken late one night by fire alarm, we were on the fifth floor...alarm stayed on so went to reception because no-one was answering the phone...down the stairs..lifts not working(i can understand this if there is a fire) at reception im told its a false alarm and they apoligised..fire alarm ceased...walked back to my room up the stairs(lifts still not working)..just got back in to bed....fire alarms went off again...tried the phone..nothing....back to reception...down the stairs(no lifts,,i can understand this) i enquired is there a fire or not? to my suprise they said yes!!! but its under controll i said do i need to evaquate my family? they said no everything is under control.....i replied that i was not convinced ....where is the fire? .....no one would tell me so i told them to find me a new hotel because we were checking out.... and went back to start the ascent to the fifth floor when a porter said to me on the qt...the fire is in the asian restaurant on the 9th floor....so i went to the 9th floor,,,it was clouded with smoke....the man with the radio pushed me back in the stairwell and told me to leave...i needed no further encouregement....not very happy really its the sort of place that if you have a genuine issue..they dont like you and it shows....i have travelled the world and did not like being disliked in this hotel just for being concerned for my familys welfare....i only hope it improves and good luck to them... but come on if there is a fire get us out of there!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank richardanita
Reviewed 20 December 2008

This hotel is beautiful. It has beautiful decor, beautiful rooms, beautiful views and a lovely service. I fell in love with this hotel. It is a blend of beauty difficult to come across in hotels in general.
It has a roof top infinity pool which is amazing with amazing 360 degree views, a lovely Asian rooftop restaurant with the same views and great ambiance and food, a spa, lovely suites.. what more can one ask for!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank ethelvz
Reviewed 19 December 2008

In October I had the opportunity to stay at this amazing 5 star hotel. I was lucky enough to have booked the texture suite and i felt like I was in a designers home. During my stay I dined at their Asian restaurant - The temptasian and the food was as exquisite as the view. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone staying at the hotel. For people who like spicy food the beef bulgogi is a must.

The service was also exceptional and very personalised.

The infinity pool is also an experience sitting in the sun in the middle of the town with a distant view of the sea.

This hotel is also well located walking distance from Malta's shopping centre.

I would definitely recommend the hotel and look forward to my next visit

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MaltaPup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
Hilton Malta
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to The Palace? Share your experiences!