My partner and I stayed at The Palace from the 4th November 2008 for 9 Nights.
Where do I start? I have named this review “attention to detail” as I feel this is the best way to describe The Palace. What do I mean by this? From the first second inside the doors we had the service you expect with a 5 star and the architecture to match. The Architecture is modern, fresh and exactly to our taste. The style of the hotel and quality of the staff go hand in hand. Malta is a small compact island, so don’t expect to be entering a sprawling hotel over acres of land. However, the feel of this hotel with its setting within Sliema's older streets is simply perfect! This has to be my favourite hotel in a Europe sunshine resort and I have stayed in many!
The Attention to detail of waiting staff in the talk of the town front bar and in particular the main restaurants was some of the best I have ever experienced in the UK or abroad. Nothing was ever a hassle to any of them. Holidaying in November, The Palace was not busy and our treatment by staff left a lasting impression! We are both seasoned travellers with 3 - 4 breaks a year along with business stop overs. We also eat out at home in good restaurants on a weekly basis, so The Palace had a lot to live up to!! It lived up to it and more, the Chefs food is of amazing standards, I have read people complaining about the menu, perhaps it is a little smaller than some, however, everything I ordered was made and served to perfection! We did have problems with our stay, the dilemma over what desert to pick after our main course! Deserts complemented and finished of an amazing meal every night! Bad but worth it, you are staying in a spa hotel so you can burn of the pounds! The Chefs in The Palace have won many awards in its short time open!
Check in was a pleasant experience and we had a much welcomed surprise! The lady on reception told us we had the pleasure of a free room upgrade, we where given an amazing room with beautiful views! This room was simply outstanding and a total bonus to our holiday! A big thank you to The Palace!!
Impression of the Hotel.
The palace has set a benchmark for us when selecting other hotels for our breaks. Without question, the palace is professionally run to an amazing standard and all staff knew their jobs inside out, a real credit to the management! I have been busy with business since my return, but I am going to write a personal letter of thanks to the management as my experience was so good. This is something I have never done, so surely this tells you the impression The Palace has left even a few months on.
When I read other reviews, I can only think some people have got this hotel confused with somewhere else. It defies me how anyone could find a negitive about The Palace.
Will we return? Do you get wet when it rains! As sure as night follows day we will return, probably every year! If you dont like this place, then simply no where would be good enough for you.
I have read people think the pricing for drinks and food to be high. Firstly, this is 5 Star Hotel. However, I found drinks to be very cheap compared with Hotels and Bar in Belfast, Dublin and the UK, anywhere between 30 - 50% Cheaper. This is even with the current poor Sterling Exchange Rate. Bottles of wine are similar to restaurants at home. Food I feel was cheaper than home. At home you can go to a "beat the clock" type restaurant that will be cheaper, but, if you take into account the standard of hotel, surrounds & food and do a like for like, I would say The Palace would be easily 25% Cheaper.
- Great Food
- Well Priced Menu's & Drinks
- Excellent Staff
- Amazing Rooms
- Perfect Location (However A few Steep Hills Around)
- Lovely Spa Facilites
This hotel has an elegance and the feel is just right. Very stylish, yet with a relaxed atmosphere. I have read people saying this hotel is not 5 Star, this is a lot of nonsense. Perhaps as mentioned earlier, if you are familar with large sprawling hotels in resorts like Dubai, the palace cannot offer things on this large of scale. However, believe me, you will not find a better hotel in Malta than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace is a distinctive, urban five star deluxe boutique hotel - Inspired by the pulse and passion of a city center hotel. The inside decor is smartened by the contemporary art & sculpture collections. The hotel is intimate and comfortable, yet luxurious and cosmopolitan, whilst offering a unique experience of genuine hospitality. The Palace is European elegance in the heart of urban Sliema. The Palace and Palazzo Capua, with 149 rooms, are both supplemented by eight unique individually designed and decorated suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace Hotel Sliema
- Palace Hotel Sliema
- The Palace Malta/Sliema