The Palace
US$107
Priceline
TripAdvisor
3,713 results
All reviewschurch bellstemptasian restaurantinfinity poolcomfort roomtabloid restauranttown cafetop floorfive star hotellovely hotelsparkling winesauna and steam roomjunior suitesea frontst julianstea and coffeesister hotelshort break
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My wife booked this hotel & the trip to Malta as my birthday gift and I must say that the views from this hotel's balcony are spectacular. We could see the Valletta Bay from the balcony and enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The hotel is about 45 minutes away from the airport. Taxis cost 20-30 euros and the hotel can book the taxi for you. THe staff is very helpful and showed us the best places to go to - Gozo and Komino islands. The food is normal, wouldnt rate it as the best; but the ambience is nice for a drink. Note that the hotel is situated uphill and that people with mobility problems can have a problem. There is a nice spa at the bottom of the hill where you can get a relaxing Swedish massage for about 80 euros. Would recommend it!! Also, when in Malta, do not miss the blue lagoon , the golden beach and the Temples of Xianduja. The staff at the reception of this hotel will give you the best pointers.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank c_adya
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed at the Palace for 4 nights on my last holiday before being grounded through pregnancy. We would not normally stay in such plush hotels - prefering the more local, quirky establishments - however the palace offered a deal hard to beat. On arriving at the hotel we discovered we had been given twin beds - our booking clearly stated a double room so we asked to be moved. There was limited availability so we got upgraded for free into a Junior Suite which was a real added bonus. The staff were always very helpful and the breakfasts were amazing! We were too late in the season to be able to enjoy the infinity pool at the top of the hotel but I can imagine in summer it would be a popular place to be. There is a small indoor plunge pool, sauna, gym and spa.

Reviewed 28 November 2010

Before a trip I looked responses here. #1. There was one response with photos of “bad” room. Probably it is a single instance I have thought. But I was wrong. We had same room. I will add the photos.
With such room this hotel precisely not five stars. But not all is so bad.
The price in 85 euro the good compromise (deluxe room).
Very convenient beds (but bed-clothes not breathing). Clean (almost). Quiet. A nice view from the balcony. A good location (if be fond of walking).
My advice:
1. don't take a comfort room – they are inside the hotel, in an atrium.
2. it's more for business meetings
3. try to find another

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The Palace is well located for any visitor to Sliema, a five minute walk will take you most anywhere in the area. Just remember it is downhill from the hotel and uphill back and on very uneven pavements, not the greatest if you have mobility problems.

The hotel has good facilities, two outdoor (brrrr!) pools and an indoor one, sauna, steamroom and gym all in good order. The Asian restaurant is outstanding but the buffet restaurant suffered from mixed service standards. Another guest complained and things improved. You would only notice the erratic service standards if you stayed several days. For example coffee was included (which was a pleasant surprise), but sometimes it was offered and other times you had to ask. The staff always took your plate away quickly though, sometimes in mid mouthful!

The failure, for me, was the housekeeping service. The room was serviced at anytime between 9 and 5 and we had to request a service on a couple of days when the staff seemed to have forgotten the room. Reception advised that they would make certain that the room was serviced in the mornings but that didn't happen until a slightly heated discussion took place directly with the housekeeper who said 'nobody told me'. The bath was the poorest, thinnest quality that I have seen in many a year, stained and badly scratched. The room had lots of dust left in out of sight areas which had clearly built up over a long period. Disappointing I'm afraid.

So good facilities but in restrospect it was a mistake taking a half-board offer. Plenty of restaurants aboout and you could get some good value multi-night offers in the hiotel for the restaurants if you wanted.

The beauty treatments were good and not too expensive in the Spa.

Nice to see free access to the internet via a couple of PCs in the public areas.

Very much a business type of hotel, 5 star on facilities but really needs to ensure that all sthe staff maintain good standards of service, The best were outstanding but a number of others were not. Lack of consistency I'm afraid.

Still, I would be willing to go back again, but I will be trying somewhere else if I revisit Malta first.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

After a bumpy start ( our taxi was shunted from behind 5 mins into our journey to The Palace) the staff were incredibly welcoming. A complimentry glass of Kinnie was put in our hands and we were soon shown to our lovely spacious room with a balcony and amazing far reaching views to sea. The facilities are outstanding and very luxurious, Definitly a 5 star hotel! Location perfect, a short walk from town, harbour, buses, shops etc.
If visiting Malta The Palace is a must!

2  Thank NewportGooner