Slimiza Suites
US$60
US$46
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat locationquad roomarriving lateferry stopbus stationan extra bedplenty of hot waterhome away from homequiet streetcentral locationvending machinerooms are cleanfour nightsvery pleasant staytv channelspublic transportcleaned every day
Reviewed 1 July 2012

A friend and i stayed here for 1 week in September 2011. The location is ideal and as many others have mentioned, Camille is very helpful and professional. Our stay was only for 4 nights but after the first couple of days we knew we wanted to stay a bit longer so we cancelled our planned accommodation at another hostel/BNB.

The room itself was okay, nothing spectacular but clean. We did not use the wi-fi, but the computer downstairs near the kitchen area, which if i remember correctly was free. Breakfast could be more varied as some others have said in their reviews but it was fine.
I liked the lounge area also as it was very homely; we did try one of the board games there but couldn't figure out how to play (could have read the instructions though!).

I would stay here again due to the hospitality and location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank QBHMCL
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The Comfort Inn was one of 2 places during our trip in May 2012 we booked beforehand. Camille supplied us with very explicit instructions on how to reach the guest house from the airport, but we did get a bit lost because we got off from the bus to early. We were planning to stay there from 07/05 until 11/05 but we extended our stay by one day - wish it could have been for much longer. The one reason was Malta itself - there is just so much to see and do and we have enjoyed the friendly and helpful people so much and the other reason our host Camille, who really went out of her way to make us feel at home and could not do enough to help us enjoy our stay in Malta. The Inn is in Sliema and very centrally located to the bus stops as well as the ferry and the sight seeing bus, supermarkets, banks and pharmacies, restaurants, etc. As soon as we have oriented ourselves, it was easy to walk from the inn to every where we need to be. We had a 4 bed room overlooking the street with our own bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable and our towels were changed every day and the room was checked. We had plenty of hot water in the shower and after spending the whole day walking or exploring the island, it was a pleasure coming home to our room. We also had free access to Internet. We were also allowed to use the crockery in the diningroom when we have bought ourselves something to eat or drink and we were also allowed the use of the fridge. Coffee and tea were also always available in the diningroom and you can help yourself to it. Camille supplied us with a map on our arrival and has also marked all the important and interesting sites to see. She also had a wealth of information on where to eat authentic Maltese food and where to shop for local wines and the names of local wines which she enjoys and we can try. Breakfast was included in the price and although it was the same every day, it was plentyful and after having the breakfast, we were ready for the day. Breakfast included fruit juice, coffee or tea, toast and croissants with jam, honey and butter, cheese - and cold meat slices, sliced fresh tomatoes and scrambled eggs. By the time we had to leave, we really felt that we have made a good friend and we will definitely recommend Camille's bed and breakfast to our fellow South Africans as well as other travellers. She has also booked our taxi the night before to take us to the harbour to catch the catamaran to Sicily @ 03:30 the morning we left. This was the 1st part of our holiday and we had a wonderful experience. We were planning a budget holiday and here we have received good value for money and we were overall impressed with what we received. I definitely plan to return to Malta and this will be my 1st choice to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Estelle56
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I had a very good stay in Malta! I stayed there for one week and stayed at the Comfort Inn for the whole time I was travelling around Malta. The location I feel was perfect... only 2 minutes away from the Marina and the bus stop (where indeed most buses to tour the island stop!) It was perfect for me as I was relying on buses (and boats!).
The room where I stayed was indeed confortable, clean and had everything and more than I needed! The room was also cleaned / checked on a daily basis... which was great.
The breakfast was also good for me and you could have breakfast until 10 I think so that's quite good. Generally I was pleased and it was really what I was looking for... I stayed 7 days so the taxi back to the aiport was free of charge and Camille booked it all for me... very friendly and helpful host. I would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Rinny2012
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the week beginning 10/09/2011. It is conveniently situated near the sea front ,shops and bank. It is clean but the furniture is rather basic - flatpack with the edging veneer coming off in places. The table and chairs in our room was white plastic, the sort of thing people were buying for their gardens some 30 years ago. The bathroom door was a plastic folding one , the handle was missing and it wouldn't close properly. Breakfast was limited to one type of cheese slices, one type of meat slices, scrambled egg, slices of tomato, sliced bread, one type of jam, marmalade and honey - no variation! It wouldn't cost much to provide a range of cereals.The best feature was the proprietress, Camille, a very pleasant and helpful lady.In spite of it's shortcomings we enjoyed our stay there and would return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan-Cooke
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I am currently typing this as I sit in the common area of the Comfort Inn, waiting for the taxi for the airport. The last 5 days i've spent here with my sister was wonderful. The hotel is basic, but the shower works, internet works, clean, spacious room and bathroom, great host, I really can't think of anything to complain about. I looked forward to coming 'home' each night. My flight departs at 11:00pm and Camille offered to let us keep our room until we have to leave. For 54 euros a night, this is a royal find! As other reviews have mentioned, the Sliema bus hub is 2 blocks away, as well as the ferry to Valletta. Lots of restaurants and shops around and the night scene is also a 20 minute walk away. If i ever come back to malta, I would book here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family