Slimiza Suites
US$60
US$46
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat locationquad roomarriving lateferry stopbus stationan extra bedplenty of hot waterhome away from homequiet streetcentral locationvending machinerooms are cleanfour nightsvery pleasant staytv channelspublic transportcleaned every day
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great little place, in a side street of busy Sliema. The sea is only three street corners away.
Camille has a lot of good suggestions on what to see and do on the island (ask her about Mdina).
I only discovered on my last night there that there is a terrasse but the view seemed worth it.
The single rooms are very spacious.
I'd reccomand it that's sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I had the chance to stay twice at the Comfort Inn. I have to say that its position is simply the best you can find in Sliema: halfway between the bus terminus/ferries and the promedade to St. Julians, and also very close to a large variety of shops (huge advantage if you are a shopaholic!).
This lovely hotel makes a perfect base to explore Malta; moreover, Camille, who runs the place, is really helpful in any activity you want to organize or any need you might have during your stay.
The rooms are very basic, but very clean and also big enough. To fight the heat in the summer months, there are two fans (one on the ceiling, the other one is a movable device), which work perfectly, and grant a well deserved refreshment.
Between the two times I have been there, I noticed that some improvements have been made, especially in the bathrooms, and this is a very good point.
Breakfast could probably be a little bit reacher, but in the end goes without problem.
As I said before, Camille is very helpful in every situation: in my case, during my last stay here at the half of August 2010, my booking went lost but she promptly found a wonderful solution for me and my friend, allowing us to spend a couple of days in the Island of Gozo without loosing any time or any day of my holiday.
I think Comfort Inn is the best solution if you are looking for a cheap and clean place where you can rest while discovering the many hidden treasures of the beautiful Island of Malta.
Should I have the chance to come back, I'll definitely be back at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Baby_and_Michy
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We've stayed in this guesthouse for four nights. The price was affordable and the room was clean and bright but i dislike the interiors. Unfortunately the neighbours was too much turistic for us, usually we prefere stay in quaint places... but it was already ok!
Near the guesthouse there was a bus station were you could find a large number of buses for the most important places to see in Malta.
At last, the breakfast was quite poor (tomatoes slices, bread, one type of cheese, eggs, tea, milk and coffee. No fruits and no croissants for example, and you must finished the breakfast at 09:30 n the morning (it's quite early for a mediterranean place like this in my opinion..)
However the owner Camile was very gently and scrupulous and we've spend some nice days there!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 28 January 2010

My nephew and I stayed here from December 26 to December 3, 2009. We found the Comfort Inn to be an excellent value, the room was large, clean and comfortable. The location is excellent, 5 minutes to the main bus stop, the ferry to Valletta, and easy walking to the surrounding city. This is a basic place to stay, the only TV is in the community, which also has a Bumper Pool Table, a number of books, maps and games. The free wireless internet access is in the community room also. Both Camille and Loren (spelling?) were very helpful and concerned that we had a good stay. Breakfast was normally at 8 am but Loren volunteered and was insistant about coming in at 6 am to prepare our breakfast so that we could catch the very first bus for the Ferry to Gozo. He was gracious and is passionate about Malta. We did not have a car but parking is free on the street and good luck with that, it is crazy congested and you can spend more time parking than enjoying your visit. Camille arranged for a Taxi to pick us up at the airport and to take back at the end of the stay. 19 Euros each way. She can also arrange for a driver if you need one but we stayed on the excellent, affordable and comprehensive bus and ferry system. We had a great stay. Also visit the funky Duck Village while you are there.

Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This isn't the Ritz, but it's a clean and comfortable place to rest your head. The location is good, in a quiet street but close to the bars and restaurants and seafront of Sliema & you can easily get to Valletta via a ferry (a couple of mins walk away). The nightlife of St Julians / Paceville is also accesable either by a pleasent 20 minute walk on the seafront or by taking a cheap bus for 50c.

The only downside I can think of is that parking, like pretty much anywhere in Sliema, is a nightmare. I often started the day with a brisk 30 minute walk through the surounding streets trying to find where I left my car the night before.

Other than that though he hotel is pretty decent for the price. Great roof terrace too, fantastic for sunbathing and with excellent views.

I've rated it 4* as this reflects what you get for your money (around 25euros I think) and where it is. Obviously if it were more expensive the rating would be less generous.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends