“Excellent food.”
Review of The Kitchen - CLOSED

The Kitchen
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This restaurant is good if you just go for the quality of the food. The interior is fairly standard, and there is no view to the outside.

Visited January 2013

Pori, Finland
“The best in Sliema for sure”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This place is one of those restaurants that I still think about though it has been years since my visit. The food there was simply so good! If I ever go back to Malta, eating in The Kitchen will be on the top of my list of things to do. Last trip I saved it for the last day, so I only got the chance to eat there once. The prices are much higher than in an average Maltese restaurant, but it is worth every penny. Dishes are delicate and beautifully presented. Service very polite. The only little downside is perhaps the decor. Very minimalistic and not to my liking as such. But that is no issue at all because the focus is on the treats on your plate. I had the best rabbit (tender and succulant) in my life and the vegetable purees were simply heaven.

• Visited March 2012
Il Gzira, Malta
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Spent a lovely evening at this restaurant and really enjoyed the food and excelent service. The place was quite. The sevice was very good. The person serving us explained in a clear manner what was available as speciality. The food was cooked to perfection. Will definetly visit this restaurant again. My suggestion to anyone who intends to go to this restaurant, place a reservation before visiting so that you are not disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I visited The Kitchen on the recommendation of my friend, who dined with me. The kitchen is a fairly bland small dining room in a terraced house, I was .... surprised. I don't know what I expect when I walk into a restaurant, but this was underwhelming.

The entire place seems to be run by just 4 people - yet the food, drinks and service are unbelieveable. Our server never wrote anything down, she just remembered it all perfectly. The steak was one of the best, the drinks were innovative (interesting cocktails) and the overall experience was excellent.

I would recommend this place to food lovers - it's simply great food.

• Visited February 2012
Moraira, Spain
“A First Class Christmas Day Lunch”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by the hotel - and wondered if there was an ulterior motive there. We went ahead anyway and booked a table - and enjoyed one of the very best lunches in any of our travels.
The scallops were so good we were tempted to order another plate but with a fillet stake due any moment we pushed greed aside. The steak was the sort that we always hope for but rarely find and the vegetables were fresh and cooked to perfection.
Although the (small) dining room was full we seemed to be getting personal attention - and the other diners probably thought they, too, were enjoying the same.

• Visited December 2012