“one of the best restaurants in Malta serving Italian cuisine” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Giara

La Giara
Ranked #51 of 227 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Zabbar, null, Malta
“one of the best restaurants in Malta serving Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went there for father's day with my family. I had some high expectations since I always heard good comments about la Giara.

Since I went there for father's day, without booking, I was put back and thought that something might went wrong in the past few days. The restaurant was nearly empty and this had lead to an incorrect judgement on the restaurant.

The food was simply great. Before we even ordered our main course we were already served with fresh bread and some bruschetta.

The antipasto was really good and also the Ribeye steak. It was cooked to my liking and it was really fresh.

I would definitely recommend this place to my peers.

Something I would criticise is the service. Do not get me wrong, the service was good but since the restaurant seating capacity is low I would have expect some more interaction between the waiter and the customer (maybe I am being a bit picky)

On the whole I would go there again, my father had really fun, the food was great. so thumbs up to La Giara

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Adam F

Mosta, Malta
“A very tranquil Saturday evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having heard only good comments about La Giara, we had been meaning to dine here for some time. We decided to do so on a cold February night and it turned out to be a very nice evening. The place was surprisingly quite empty (it was a Saturday), consequently we were treated like royalty. The food was very good, cooked to our instructions. We were also recommended a very good wine which accompanied the food brilliantly. Will definitely return.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious sicilian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent food-large selection of meats and fish-so is the wine list and the antipasti. Would have loved to find gluten free dessert! Prices can be reduced! Liked the place alot. Would love to go again.

• Visited April 2014
Grenoble, France
“Best italian food spotted in Valetta center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We discovered the place at the end of our visit, but we still had the time to come back a 2nd time - best italian restaurant (specialized in sicilian food) I have ever experienced! Tasty food, great wine! We would probably have come back a 3rd time if we could...

My wife loved it, and so did my kids (7, 12 years)

The serroundings are great, part of the floor are transparent glass where you can see some of the ancient Palazzo piccola casa caves. I can only recommend it to all lovers of quality italian food! It is just 100-200 meters away from the grand master's place!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kd_pub
Qawra, Malta
“Lovely experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Both food and service were excellent. One of the best restaurants in Malta. The choice of food is very good and really good value for money. Will go there again and would recommend it!

• Visited February 2014