“Wonderful dining experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I were there last Friday with a table of 27 for a belated wedding celebration with my Maltese family after we were married in Australia (where we live).

We were very impressed with the quality of the food, the service and the ambiance at La Giara.

We could not be happier with the restaurant chosen to celebrate our special occasion. The fact that the standards were so high with such a large table was really quite impressive.

1  Thank Francesca P

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went there for father's day with my family. I had some high expectations since I always heard good comments about la Giara.

Since I went there for father's day, without booking, I was put back and thought that something might went wrong in the past few days. The restaurant was nearly empty and this had lead to an incorrect judgement on the restaurant.

The food was simply great. Before we even ordered our main course we were already served with fresh bread and some bruschetta.

The antipasto was really good and also the Ribeye steak. It was cooked to my liking and it was really fresh.

I would definitely recommend this place to my peers.

Something I would criticise is the service. Do not get me wrong, the service was good but since the restaurant seating capacity is low I would have expect some more interaction between the waiter and the customer (maybe I am being a bit picky)

On the whole I would go there again, my father had really fun, the food was great. so thumbs up to La Giara

1  Thank Adam F
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having heard only good comments about La Giara, we had been meaning to dine here for some time. We decided to do so on a cold February night and it turned out to be a very nice evening. The place was surprisingly quite empty (it was a Saturday), consequently we were treated like royalty. The food was very good, cooked to our instructions. We were also recommended a very good wine which accompanied the food brilliantly. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent food-large selection of meats and fish-so is the wine list and the antipasti. Would have loved to find gluten free dessert! Prices can be reduced! Liked the place alot. Would love to go again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We discovered the place at the end of our visit, but we still had the time to come back a 2nd time - best italian restaurant (specialized in sicilian food) I have ever experienced! Tasty food, great wine! We would probably have come back a 3rd time if we could...

My wife loved it, and so did my kids (7, 12 years)

The serroundings are great, part of the floor are transparent glass where you can see some of the ancient Palazzo piccola casa caves. I can only recommend it to all lovers of quality italian food! It is just 100-200 meters away from the grand master's place!

1  Thank kd_pub