“Homely atmosphere ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Small place in the heart of valletta
Quaint and very friendly staff
Food Excellent
Very good selection of wines
A very enjoyable evening
Definitely a place to return to
Thank you il horza for a great evening

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

It may be small in the eye but as we know expensive perfumes come in small bottles! This little lovely place offers a great selection of wines together with one of the most unique menus that I have encountered during my stay in Malta! The service was magnificent! We had ravioli with three types of cheese and lamp with handmade pasta! My vocabulary is very poor to describe the taste and the flavours that I experienced! Our dinner was concluded with some aperitifs on the house and the bill was a pleasant surprise in the end!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I walked past il Horza earlier in the day & looked at the menu; scrumptious. Then I looked at the prices & thought, "Hmmm; lets give it a whirl".
Arriving later in the evening there was no one else there, not a good sign I thought. We sat down a bit nervously but the staff were superb & when the food arrived I knew we had dropped on.

Lovely & charming decor, great wine selection (whisky, champagne etc), mouth watering menu & great staff. The owner joined us for a drink later & being the only couple there we could have made an entire night of it! The chef is Italian & yep, he cooks like one too......veal was great. I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant but be prepared to pay a little extra.

1  Thank stevegibbons48
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Service was really nice and the decoration was as well. However the food was a bit meh.. Pasta for starter was OK, not too much flavor, however nice presentation. We ordered steaks; fillet and aged ribeye. The fillet was super nice and juicy but it came with plastic wrapped around it, but mistake of course, but when we notified the server she did not change the plate. My steak was over cooked but got a new one which was somewhat better. Slightly overpriced.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We received a warm welcome. The menu is quite meat centred. We chose the fish and it was delicious. The starter combined buffalo mozzarella and ginger. Ingredients are fresh and delicate. Excellent service and intimate Maltese atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Thank you.