“A great laid-back lunch”
Review of Pintonino

Pintonino
Ranked #137 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Pintonino's menu stood out amongst the pizza and fast-food-type restaurants on the Valetta water front and did not disappoint. Excellent sea-food, including spaghetti vongole with so-fresh clams, and a great (and fairly-priced) Italian wine list. Service was a little laissez-fair, but, hey, we were on holiday, the sun was shining and we had a bottle of wine to savour!
Would definitely return.

1  Thank CricketMan2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we were in Valletta five years ago we ate at a very nice seafood restaurant on the Waterfront which, sadly is no longer there. We looked at all the other options, including one which scores quite highly here, but were not impressed with the menus, most of which had photos! (Call me a snob but I never trust restaurants which put pictures on their menus.) This one stands out as offering something better. OK, it's more expensive than the other places down there but prices are similar to the better restaurants in the city centre. I had the best seafood of the whole week and the service was efficient and friendly.

There were some very negative review on here which seem to have been removed - had I seen them beforehand I would have given it a wide berth and missed out on a very nice meal.

2  Thank ianewestt
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ignore all the bad reviews....this one of the best fish restaurants you will find in Valetta.
You have to meet the ownere and ask tell how you wish to have your fish done. The mix platter is a great starter but you have to be hungry.

2  Thank Cornboy495040
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The food was the best I had in Malta.. my friends liked other places but this was my favourite. Fillet steak with pepper sauce was to die for ! Very good service considering it was the big firework display and the waterfront was packed.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Food was horrible with no taste. Complained to the waiter and wasn't even interested in what we had to say.
Way overpriced!! Avoid this place at all cost!! Very disappointing!

2  Thank Robdan0109