“Great Food At A Great Price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CocoPazzo Restaurant - CLOSED

CocoPazzo Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food At A Great Price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This restaurant is a MUST when in Valletta !

Located in South Street, about 100m from the Osborne Hotel, it serves some wonderful food at very good prices. The menu is quite extensive and ranges from pizzas, pasta to fresh seafood, chicken and meat dishes.

The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day. It is not big, but very comfortable. The portions are substantial and they give you free garlic bread with each meal. The pasta dishes are cooked perfectly and the chicken breast dishes and fish are both excellent.

A bonus is that they offer free wi-fi, so you can take your time with dinner and check emails if you want to.

Main courses are around 13 -15 euro and a glass of good Maltese house red is 3.50. If you can fit it in, the apple pie is really good !

• Visited May 2012

Guildford, Surrey, UK
“Attractive food in a relaxed setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We found CocoPazzo in South Street on our second night in Valletta during our search for a restaurant which was not too expensive and not too austerely fitted out. Here there was a homely atmosphere with various decorations including historic photos of local scenes and people on the walls. On our first visit we both chose grilled calamari. The vegetable was an enjoyable preparation of mashed cauliflower. On our second visit I had a generous plate of amber jack from the fish menu and my companion had pork. On the first evening the service was solicitous and friendly, but the next time (when there were admittedly a few more customers to be served) we encountered a young waitress who had to be asked three times for the bill — the last time when we had got to the stage of standing to leave and even then were kept waiting. Because of the lapse in service (and acknowledging that the food was good but not exceptional) I class the restaurant as average. On the right night it could be deemed very good.

• Visited March 2012
San Francisco
“Wonderful Pasta Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We only discovered this restaurant by accident, although once inside I opened my guidebook and found that Cocopazzo was highly recommended, a good sign. This family owned restaurant is so small the kitchen is downstairs and they use a dumbwaiter to deliver the food. That kind of charm is not easy to find. I didn't bother reading the review in the book, because it was the aromas wafting into the street that drew us in and they are always the best incentive in selecting a good restaurant. After days of seafood meals, I was ready for some good pasta and cocopazzo delivered it in the way of a rabbit ravioli made in a garbanzo flour dough. It was as good as any pasta I have eaten in Italy and the mushroom cream sauce was delectable. My husband ordered the steamed mussles and also found those to be excellent. Their version of tiramisu was inspired; a deconstructed version that was more modern than the casual atmosphere of the decor would indicate. We were so delighted, we went back the next night for more. My husband raved about the seafood pasta filled with scampi, mussels and clams while I was very content with my veal in mustard mushroom sauce. Cocopazzo is the first restaurant we will return to if we ever go back to Malta. The food was excellent, the service friendly and the prices very reasonable.

• Visited May 2011
Valletta, Malta
“Don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I expected a lot from this place, the decor is really cool and i thought from the pics on the wall that the fish was going to be excellent. I was really let down. The best thing about the place was the balsamic vineager which went on my horribly greasy calamari fritti. I'm pretty sure it can be bought at any supermarket.

2 Thank RBP1986
Dublin
“Eat somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

We wanted some pasta and thought you cannot go wrong with arrabiata sauce but you can and we did - not sure what the sauce base was but it was almost inedible and to add insult to injury it was overpriced at about 10 euro. The tables are too close to each other and the service is unfriendly.

Overall a very unpleasant experience and you can do better a few streets away

4 Thank DublinSorcha