“Valletta's Finest”
Review of Valletta Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valletta
Valletta Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Valletta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Nothing is cuter or more picturesque than the streets of Valletta during festival time... except for Lucia Nova, part of Valletta Suites. The suite exceeded our expectations and what the website depicted. Tastefully decorated and spacious, the suite clearly reflected Maltese flair. Brian met us when we arrived, offering suggestions and cheerfully taking his time to explain aspects of the culture. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie C

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My review is a little late...so apologies to Brian and Stephen.
This past May was the 2nd time I stayed at Lucia Nova and the 4th time I rented from Valletta Suites. Lucia Nova is my idea of heaven. I love the spaciousness of Lucia Nova. Traveling by myself, I felt like a local living in Valletta.
In my many travels to Malta, I have finally found the perfect solution to housing...that is, staying at one of Valletta Suites' properties. I love the individual attention that Brian and Stephen provide. In addition, each of their properties are luxuriously decorated and comfy. Having a kitchen is a good way to save money. I would have breakfast in-house and then find a great restaurant to have a late lunch. It was great to have a refrigerator to store drinks, yogurt and leftovers.
Thank you once again Brian and Stephen for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Kathleen J
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We just returned from a five night stay at Lucia Nova. The apartment really helped to make our trip wonderful! Very unique place! We felt like we were living in a part of history. My daughers loved having their own level and were thrilled with the bathroom--especially after coming from a tiny bathroom in Paris! Brian was very helpful and responsive to our questions and a couple of requests we had while we were there. A couple of the reviews have noted that the Vanguard Club across the street can get a bit noisy. We, in fact, loved having the "club" across the street. The same group of men sit outside morning until night. They were friendly and helpful, inquiring about how our day was and what our plans were for the next--often making recommendations as to things we should see and do. We also got to know the owners of the bakery just up the road. Again, wonderful people who added to our experience. We had a wonderful time and would return to Lucia Nova in a minute. Enjoy all!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cathyg424
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at the Lucia Nova and Brian was there to greet us on our arrival. This was a very nice apartment and definitely suited our needs. It has four levels connected by a narrow winding stone staircase. We certainly had plenty of exercise. The Vanguard Club, across the street, was noisy at times but was quiet by the time we went to bed. Brian recommended several restaurants and cafes and the ones we tried were very good. We all enjoyed Valletta, Malta and Gozo. Brian also booked our taxi service, to and from the airport, which was much appreciated. A terrific apartment and holiday.

2  Thank GuelphJimmy
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a 300 year old house in Valletta minutes from everything. Marsamxett Harbour and the ferry to Sliema are right next to the house. It is only a few minutes walk to Republic, Merchant Streets and the main bus station. Though some of the streets are very steep. The neighbourhood is great, there is a small shop (newspapers, water etc) there is a fantastic bakery and some good restaurants. The kitchenette is handy for breakfast and light meals, I recommend popping out to the bakery and buying what's fresh. The roof top terrace is small, not too fancy, but does have a harbour view and is a nice place to relax. The bed is very comfy, had no trouble sleeping. There are however a few negatives, if you have mobility issues the stairs could be a real issue, the ensuite washroom with glass doors affords zero privacy and the street can be very noisy (traffic, the bakery, the Vanguard club). Overall, if you prefer house living to a hotel (there is a second bedroom) this would be a good choice and fair value.

5  Thank JazboOttawa
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We just got back from Malta after 5 weeks of traveling south through Italy. I saw these apartments offered and LP gave them a big salute. We stayed in the Nobile Apt down away from most of the tourists. It's an eclectic (to say, the least), artsy little apartment. It's on the 2nd floor, and the steps are a bit funky (use caution after drinking, and in slippery socks). The bathroom is on the floor below, and my first night as I made my middle of the night run to the bathroom, I missed a step from the bed, slipped and landed on my nose.....not pretty. The lighting around the bed is amusing and seducing. The owners, although, we only met one, do everything to make your stay comfortable, and it was a big welcome relief after the chaos known as Sicily! Definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Malta is fun! The neighborhood around the apartment can get noisy at night, bring some earplugs. I...