“Poorly heart of Valletta”
Review of San Giovanni

San Giovanni
Ranked #74 of 233 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Malta's Capital, Valletta. San Giovanni is the ideal place to enjoy Mediterranean cuisine in a unique environment that oozes character, charm & history. Our menu highlights the colourful flavours that distinguish Mediterranean recipes, offering clients a vast selection of traditional and contemporary dishes. The restaurant is in the open air, with all the tables and chairs beneath sunshades. San Giovanni is indeed the place to be for any special occasion, business dinners or romantic occasion.
London, United Kingdom
“Poorly heart of Valletta”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Overall it was OK. Unfortunately just ok.

The food was nice-ish. Something Italian but far far far away from proper Italian food.

I was given the wrong food and kindly asked if I could have it changed for what I've actually ordered. I'm scared to think what they've done to it as a ravage.

Staff not attentive at all. Had to go and ask for things myself. Even tho that there were only 7 tables covered.

We came here because it was in heart of Valletta where we actually happen to be on the time and also my partner wanted to watch football.

I don't think we'll be coming here again, mostly due to poor service. But if you are hungry than try it yourself. Maybe it was just a bad experience for us.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Watford
“Lovely restaurant in the Heart of Valletta”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely restaurant in the heart of Valletta. My husband ate the Saddle of Rabbit and said it was delicious, I ate the T-Bone steak as my first choice of fillet steak was not available and was impressed.

Visited June 2014
“Worst service received”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch whilst visiting valetta for the day.
expected a lovely Italian meal.
Extremely poor service received throughout the whole experience.
We had to seat ourselves, then had to ask to order.
Main meals brought out without the drinks, confusion over what exactly we ordered.
Wasn't asked if meal was ok, had to keep getting up to go to the till to get any attention from the staff.
Went up to till to Ask one staff if we could pay, he said 'ok' and appeared to be following us back to table then diverted and stood talking to his friend, ignored us.
Overall food was just satisfactory, nothing special about the food. Very disappointing experience here. Wouldn't recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“lunch treat”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we ate lunch here and i can highly recommend the pesto chicken .service quick .one disadvantage if sunny get under the shaded seats as can get very hot

Visited May 2014
Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely setting”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I the here twice on our recent trip to Malta. The fruit time I had the excellent seafood risotto and my husband had an enormous burger which he very much enjoyed. On our second visit I had my third choice of meal as the first 2 were not available. The shrimp ravioli was delicious and my husbands pasta dish was also very good. Service was good and price was reasonable.

Visited June 2014