“mouth watering”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very enjoyable dinner, I had linguini seafood followed with duck which was cooked perfect, than finished with chocolate fondant . Very friendly staff

1  Thank 103vic2014

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We travelled to Valletta on a Company trip for a weekend and had booked our Friday dinner at Aaron's Kitchen. Since we were 16 people, I had ordered a set menu in advance.
Even so, it took almost an hour and a half before we got our starters. The main and dessert were not as slow, but still took a lot longer than the normal break between courses.
The servers did not seem to keen on keeping up on drink orders either.

Our starter of grilled aubergine, mozzarella and ham with salad was really tasty when it finally arrived. The main of slow cooked rabbit tasted good, but the presentation was a bit sloppy, and the dish was not particularly warm. The apple crumble tart for dessert was very nice, both sweet and with good pastry.

I did pay attention to some of the other guests and their food, and noticed that the seafood dished at least looked a lot more appetizing.

I think our group was simply to big for this small restaurant, and that one might have a much better experience with a smaller party.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastic Mother's Day lunch today at Aaron's Kitchen in Valletta. The set-menu had a variety of dishes to suit everyone's preferences.

Before our starter, we were served a selection of home baked Italian style focaccia with various toppings such as olives, onions, garlic, etc. They were incredible.

As a starter, I had the Pancakes filled with ricotta, chicken & bacon, baked with a creamy parmesan & truffle infused sauce. I can honestly say it was one of the best starters I have ever had from any restaurant. I also managed to taste some of the other starters available, ordered by my relatives. Speciality pasta di Gragnano, served with sautéed calamari & red prawns, garlic, white wine & fresh herbs was fantastic and the portion was very generous too. And so were the macheroni bound with sicilian sausage ragout and pecorino flakes.

Then came the mains. I ordered a medium-rare grilled beef fillet steak medallions, served with Maltese sausage patty & maltese cheeselet served with garlic infused sauce. The meat was perfectly cooked, and really juicy. The sauce was brilliant too, but the special thing about this dish was the layer of Maltese sausage patty and the maltese cheese. Absolutely brilliant. I did not want it to end!

My relatives had other dishes such as the veal escalopes, rolled with lemon zest, pine nuts and bread crumbs, served with pepper and light pecorino sauce. They were brilliant. And so were the Pan seared duck breast marinated in citrus, served with forest fruit sauce and salmon fillet, stuffed with shrimps,pancetta, orange zest & crushed galletti, served on creamed spinach & saffron sauce.

They all tasted brilliantly, and their presentation was outstanding. We were also served side vegetables, roast potatoes and chips. The best thing was that despite being a large table of around 16 people, we were served all these brilliant dishes together.

The dessert was superb too. It consisted of bowls of chocolate fondue, served to share with fresh fruit cuts, mini doughnuts, ice cream filled profiteroles & cinammon short bread biscuits.

Despite being full, we felt like wanting to continue eating. The best restaurant on the island, with best food and service!

1  Thank Kurt B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Yes! This is the umpteenth time I have been to Aaron's Kitchen. So, obviously, it is one of my favourites in Valletta. Lavish, simple food; tranquil and 'a laise' atmosphere; exquisite food with a varied daily menu; and a service which is so efficient and with a broad smile. What else does one expect from a restaurant? The price? Within everybody's reach and an excellent value for money. Nobody should miss it. Ignore the persons who complain. They would probably complain even in the Garden of Eden, as Adam did!!!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Second time around, for sure not the last! Relaxing atmosphere, great service, genuine delicious food and very well presented. Deserts, to die for! Well Done Aaron!

1  Thank gidi2014