“Delicious”

Ranked #11 of 247 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$24 - US$54
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: g u z é in the heart of Malta's capital Valletta serves local dishes with a twist. You will be dining in a 400-year-old historical building built by the Knights of St John.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading all the positive reviews here and I have to admit that all the positive comments are very true... I compare the food to the one tasted a month before in Tuscany. I think the cuisine is inspired by this same region (well done to the Chef). As for the starter I chose the Pappardelle with Tuscan Wild Boar, Truffle Cream Sauce - superb and for the mains we both chose the Fillet of Aged Angus Beef, Truffle and Peppered Goats’ Cheese Gratin,
Fondant Potato - what can I say! It was perfectly cooked and without sounding to exaggerated I think it is the best I've ever tasted here. Then the dessert was equally delicious. Our only regret was the table we were given - it felt like it was an extra table. It was too close to the bar/kitchen and the restrooms! This ruined a bit the romantic atmosphere of the night. Therefore when you book you'd better ask for a good placed table. I shall say again a big well done to the whole team. Keep it up.

There are newer reviews for Guze Bistro

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Found this restaurant in a good food guide. Disappointed that the place was booked out initially but the friendly staff gladly took our booking for the following night. Waiters were very attentive, competent and polite. Great selection of wines at good prices. Very interesting appetisers were brought out that was just part of the service; delicious. Main meal came out without waiting too long; we loved every bit of it. If licking the plate was considered "etiquette" we would have done that too. Desert was a chocolate fondant that was to die for. Overall a lovely meal consumed in a restaurant that exudes ambience. So impressed, made a booking for the next night. Second night didn't disappoint either! Gladly recommend this gem to anyone who is looking for a wonderful dining experience in Malta.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This place must be no.1 restaurant in whole Malta. The place is small but traditional, you feel very warm atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Even if they recognize that you are not local their behavior (unlike other places) becomes even better! They care about their business and their clients. We ordered 2 starters, 2 main dishes, 1 desert and 1 bottle of wine and we paid about 75 euro in total. The quantity of the food is big and the quality is of the highest standards, thus what else you need? I totally recommend this place for dinner in Valletta.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We passed this place many times and where not sure if it was the right place for us and then we wanted to make a booking but the door was closed. I looked into the kitchen and the chef came over and took my booking. We arrived on time and where seated. This staff knew what they where doing. They had good restaurant training. The place looked good and I had a good feeling. The food came and I loved it. The waiters came by from time to time to chek that all was ok. My starter was superb but big. I did enjoy every bite of the antipasti. The main was also superb.
Pricing very similar to all the other restaurants so for me the best value. Made a booking for the next day before we left. Super.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant, the food is of the highest standard, the presentation is great, the venue is quiet & convivial and the staff are professional & friendly. This place offers a great night out and excellent value for money.