“Great food very reasonably priced with wonderful service”
Review of Guze Bistro

Guze Bistro
Ranked #10 of 242 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$23 - US$53
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: g u z é in the heart of Malta's capital Valletta serves local dishes with a twist. You will be dining in a 400-year-old historical building built by the Knights of St John.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food very reasonably priced with wonderful service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay and both times had a great meal. The service was attentive without being overbearing - indeed after commenting on the food the chef took the time to come to the table and chat to us.
It was without doubt the best restaurant we visited during our stay in Malta.

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Quite simply one of the best meals I've eaten.
We turned up without a booking and were happy to be immediately seated (although it is small, so a booking is probably recommended). Lovely atmospheric interior, and excellent service.
The amuse-bouche and mains were outstanding (I had the lamb shanks and my boyfriend had the fillet of aged beef with truffle), and the dessert was one of the best I've had - simple fresh figs with caramelised vanilla sugar and a glass of dessert wine.
The owner and waiter were both very friendly and professional, and my only regret is that we were in Valletta only one night and couldn't return to try more of the menu!

• Visited June 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Guze produces beautiful food (at reasonable prices) in a lovely intimate setting. I would suggest booking in advance as there aren't a huge amount of covers and it was fully booked even on the a Monday evening.

My pork cooked three ways (pork belly, cheek and loin) was perfectly presented and tasted amazing. My boyfriends streak looked equally as good and was huge! For pudding I opted for panna cotta, which although, had a perfect consistency to it and was wonderfully creamy, I was rather jealous of my boyfriend baked walnut cheesecake!

Service was very attentive and overall a great experience. Would definitely go back and recommend

Visited May 2014
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We picked this restaurant as it was the No. 1 in Valletta and it was easy to see why. The general ambiance is lovely and pretty unique for the area and the food easily lived up to expectations. I had a heavy cold and after 10 minutes asked if we could move table because of the slight draft from an air-conditioning fan. Despite having already started our meal, this was cheerfully arranged without any problem. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Soooooooo good!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

During our 10 day stay in Malta - Valetta, we have visited all the top rated restaurants and this was one of our favourites that we went to twice during our short stay. Prawn risotto has to be one of the best meals I have ever had! We tried all the appetizers and different types of mains and were just so impressed with the food, the friendly service and just the overall experience. Restaurant is charming and beautifully decorated and it's the first place I will go back to if I get a chance to go back to Valetta!

• Visited March 2014