“A hidden Gem”

Ranked #21 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: g u z é in the heart of Malta's capital Valletta serves local dishes with a twist. You will be dining in a 400-year-old historical building built by the Knights of St John.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of the best meals we've had in ages. I ordered the rabbit since it was my last couple of days in Malta. I normally don't because it tends to be too dry in most places. I was pleased that the rabbit was the most succulent I've ever had. We also had a an olive oil jelly that came with the bread that was absolutely amazing.
This place is certainly worth a visit.

1  Thank silli_julian
Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the guze bistro lastnight after looking on trip advisor to see which restaurants were rated highly. From start to finish we were treated incredibly well and every member of staff was attentive and enthusiastic. Having experienced some of the other restaurants mediocre service and food it was so lovely to have eaten here. I can honestly say that this was one of the nicest meals I have ever had. To start we were given some lovely pate and croutons in addition to bread with some home made chutneys. We both had three courses and each course simply surpassed all possible expectations, there was attention to detail in the way things were put onto your plate and the taste of each dish was exquisite. I has scallops then king prawns and a chocolate fondant. Although slightly more expensive than other places I would not let this put you off, it is worh every penny. Our three course meal with a bottle of water and glass of wine cost 85 Euros. It wasnt simply a meal, it was a memory. The setting is small and you need to book in advance. We walked down at lunch time to arrange a table that evening and got one booked no problem however when we were eating we noticed numerous people being turned away as they simply had no space.

1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice cosy restaurant in a small City old celler.
The food was great Italian and good local wines.
We enjoyed and would go back anytime.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Atmospheric premises...evidently used to be a chandelier shop...tastefully updated in a very traditional way..stone walls, nooks and crannies. Very pleasant staff.
The starter and main course were delicious..but the desert I chose..strawberries slightly cooked in balsamic vinegar and sugar, with strawberry sorbet, was one of the best deserts I have ever eaten.
I have tried to prepare this now I have returned home...but I just can't get it right. I am looking out in case I can google more instructions. I shall go back to Guze when I return to Valletta

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a lovely little bistro. It's small so reservations are needed, even in the shoulder season. When we sat down we were brought an amuse bouche & some lovely bread with 2 different spreads: an olive oil & a tomato.

For appetizers one of us had wild boar with parpadelle & truffle sauce & the other had pumpkin soup with honey & olive oil biscuits. For the main course we both had the pork belly, crispy pork cheeks & shanks. It came with roasted potatoes. It was a lovely dining experience with more unique food choices than you find at many restaurants. Highly recommended.