“A good Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A good Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The situation of the restaurant is excellent, in the other side of Valletta waterfall and in front of the Manoel island. You CBS choose fishes in the restaurant, but also italian style "pastas" which are very tasty. You can take the "Caravaggio " red wine, it is told to be a merlot, but it is 14.5 degrees....there is also a Chardonnay from Malta, light and nice wine. The lavatory is a little bit old fashioned, if the resto is full, you can easily wait 5-10 minutes....the view from the resto magnificent, especially with lights, in the evening.

malta
“An unexpected disappointment.”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We decided to treat ourselves to Lo Squero after attending an event in Valletta, in memory of the many times we had been there when younger. I am very disappointed to say that I found fault with a lot of things from the slow and laissez-faire service to the 'from the freezer' fish platter. My partner's food was fatty and lukewarm and my fish platter had the 'frozen-packaged' look and taste. What a disappointment, particularly when presented with a pricey bill!

1 Thank tastee
Birkirkara, Malta
“Divine food but needs some refurbishment works!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The food at Lo Squero is divine however the service wasn't very good as we had to wait for an hour to get the food. They restaurant has a lovely view however in my opinion it needs to be refurbished and modernized. Good experience as the food made up for everything else!

• Visited January 2012
San Gwann, Malta
“Good food with a nice view”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have been to this place several times during the festive seasons with my colleagues. Though I am reluctant to attend such events, I must admit that i have always been pleasently surprised by the place and the kitchen. Simple dishes are properly prepared and served. The cuisine is Mediterranean (more on the Sicilian side) starters and main courses are delighful and abundant. Service is cordial efficient and I would say quite above average A table with a view over the harbour is a must.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Antonio C
Ulm, Germany
“A new favourite”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The restaurant is situated in Floriana, next to the ocean, with spectacular views. The staff is friendly and effecient. They have a varied menu and a good wine list
We had a Georges Deboeuf Beaujolais, that I enjoyed way to much :-)
we were seved bruschetta topped with tomato, and olives on the side
We asked for starter sized pasta to start with.
I had Ravioli stuffed with Dorado (Lampuki). My husband had black pasta with shrips. The portions was big ( a bit too big for a starter pasta/primi piatti)
For we had lamb chops, with vegetables on the side and Duck with an orage sauce and potatoes
I ordered Crepe Suzette but they could not seved it but there were enough other yummy ooptions to choose from. We ended up having a Ricotta Casata cake

The food was really tasty
The atmosphere relaxed

I found the toilets clean but functional, not decorated

Will definately go again