“The taste of delicious Italian cuisine...”
Review of Lo Squero

Lo Squero
Ranked #154 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have been many times and we always were satisfied in every way... we have tasted nearly all the dishes starting from the starters to the desserts... and the only things we can comment about is that everything was always fresh & delicious!! The atmosphere is unique... especially when one manages to get a table close to the window and so close to the sea... and in summer even better, in the terrace, enjoying every kind of breeze and lovely views. We feel so welcomed every time we go and the people over there are so nice and friendly... at times I feel I am eating at home!! Well done to all and keep up the great reputation!! Highly recommended... :) already looking forward for our next visit there!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

The situation of the restaurant is excellent, in the other side of Valletta waterfall and in front of the Manoel island. You CBS choose fishes in the restaurant, but also italian style "pastas" which are very tasty. You can take the "Caravaggio " red wine, it is told to be a merlot, but it is 14.5 degrees....there is also a Chardonnay from Malta, light and nice wine. The lavatory is a little bit old fashioned, if the resto is full, you can easily wait 5-10 minutes....the view from the resto magnificent, especially with lights, in the evening.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We decided to treat ourselves to Lo Squero after attending an event in Valletta, in memory of the many times we had been there when younger. I am very disappointed to say that I found fault with a lot of things from the slow and laissez-faire service to the 'from the freezer' fish platter. My partner's food was fatty and lukewarm and my fish platter had the 'frozen-packaged' look and taste. What a disappointment, particularly when presented with a pricey bill!

1  Thank tastee
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The food at Lo Squero is divine however the service wasn't very good as we had to wait for an hour to get the food. They restaurant has a lovely view however in my opinion it needs to be refurbished and modernized. Good experience as the food made up for everything else!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have been to this place several times during the festive seasons with my colleagues. Though I am reluctant to attend such events, I must admit that i have always been pleasently surprised by the place and the kitchen. Simple dishes are properly prepared and served. The cuisine is Mediterranean (more on the Sicilian side) starters and main courses are delighful and abundant. Service is cordial efficient and I would say quite above average A table with a view over the harbour is a must.

1  Thank Antonio C