“Don't bother!!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband had a prawn cocktail for starters, which he waited ages for, and when it came it looked awful. I can only describe the prawns as looking old and rubbery. They looked fake!! We both had pizza for main. One mushroom the other one was olives, mushrooms, prawns and ham. They both looked so unappetising that we could only eat one tiny bit of each. Lovely location but the food was wful. The waiter was ok.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From a distance and at a late hungry hour this place looked good. However, it sorely disappointed.

The location is good, and the prices are cheap. These are the only positives. The food was poor, the garlic bread felt like it had been put straight from the packet into the toaster for too long so it certainly would challenge the best of dentures. And our pizzas were no better than a (very) cheap frozen pizza-burnt base, clearly reheated tinned pineapple, a mission to physically eat. The service was fairly poor, abrupt staff.

So if you want cheap and nasty this place is for you, however if you want to have a nice meal in Valletta look elsewhere, even if you are very hungry!

1  Thank 702traveller
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ill make this quick and simple.

service

The waiter was abrupt bordering on rude and very slow in coming to us once we sat, as well as taking our order, and bringing our food, and again in bringing the bill which when he finally did bring it, he stood at the table watching us count it out!!!

The food was tepid and badly over cooked that applies for all 6 of us!

Location

This is in a ideal location in the center of Valletta that has a lot of modern art projects close by that adds more than a little Maltese culture. However, we found that when the food finally arrived so did the swarm of annoying flies and overly bold pigeons!

We left with a strange taste in our mouths, poorer, disappointed and hungry

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

service was slow but food was good , local dishes are a good choice ice coffees are excellent . in a good position

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On this visit to Malta I needed to find somewhere to have my evening meal and on my first walk round I saw that this place seemed very popular. I decided to visit for my second nights meal. It had a very extensive menu and was located at the end of Republic Street sharing the outdoor dining space in the popular spot of Republic Square.
My first two choices were not available so I went for the chicken breast as a main course with a side order of vegetables but starting off with soup. It was very busy and a long wait to have my order taken. My soup was fine but there was then an excessive wait for the main course. I noticed other people trying to attract attention for service.
The chicken arrived and the waiter (Justin) went to fetch my veg but didn't return so I started to eat my chicken which was alone on my plate. I had to reorder my veg but when it eventually arrived I had eaten my chicken and the veg was stone cold.
My entire stay there was also spent wafting the flies away and trying to keep the bold pigeons off my table. My waiter was very pleasant but that of course doesn't make up for the very poor service and forgotten/cold vegetables. I was given a complimentary coffee at the end.