“Delicious fresh food!”

Ranked #20 of 250 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$25 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Palazzo Preca Restaurant is serving a variety of Mediterranean and Maltese cuisine such as pasta "mostly recomended with seafood", colourful salads, juicy Irish steaks, traditional cooked rabbit, beef olives ,snails in garlic and what we are known for, the fish and shellfish which comes fresh every day.We are open every day for lunch and dinner, accept Sunday evening and Monday closed all day.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had the red snapper and the seafood pasta... The fish was very fresh and cook perfectly and the pasta was just delish! Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having unsuccessfully tried to book on line we popped in on a Sunday evening to reserve a table for later that night. We couldn't have been made more welcome. The entrance is very unassuming but it like a Alladin's cave inside, beautiful. Like an inner courtyard with high ceilings and ante rooms.
On our return later we were offered a choice of tables even though the place was buzzing with tourists and locals. I chose a silver bream from the catch of the day and was asked how I would like it cooked ( simply grilled) and then we were left to choose the rest of the meal. Mushrooms followed by veal in a lemon sauce for my husband and clams for me. we were given a small meze selection to enjoy whilst we waited for the starters, my husbands eyes lit up when this contained a dish of humous (his favourite)! the starters were delicious, not too big and very tasty. My cooked silver bream was then brought to the table for me to inspect before being filleted and deboned. Again both my fish and the veal were beautifully presented and very flavoursome. For desserts we chose a selection which consisted of 4 small pots of different tastes of heaven!
The wine list is excellent and service impeccable and not at all pushy or hurried. Our waiter Zak is actually one of the chefs but on a Sunday when it is not so too busy he his allowed out to be a waiter.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend were on a stroll and found this place. We gave it a go and we are so happy we did! The staff was polite and service minded. The manager came out and talked to the costumers and it put on a good vibe. We got mixed seafood platter and today's catch of fish and it was above all expectations. We have quite high standards and they were matched without a question. The food was tasty and full with flavour. The meals were average sized except for the platter which was very large ( no complains!!!!). The prizes were very reasonable between 15-23 euros for a main course (meat or seafood).

The enviroment and the settings were high class and neat! The silverware and clothing etc were very pleasing with silk and so on.

The staff... Professional, kind, and they knew what they were doing. I will definately go back to this place before going home!

I would recommend it to everyone who takes pleasure of dining and enjoys decent food!!

Keep up the excellent work!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant was very good. We found it just walking past, and were very pleased that we went in. The cooking was superb and the selection very good. One of the best in Valletta. Unfortunately they were full on the next attempt to eat there, and then they closed for a holiday.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had not booked and were checking out a variety of Valetta restaurants for possible visit. On a very busy night we were treated to excellent service, fine food and wine. Starters of carpaccio of salmon and sea bass were excellent followed by good pasta and a trio of desserts to share. Couple on table next to us had bad (unlucky) experience with chipped glass and staff were attentive, apologetic and caring. Impressive.

1  Thank Steve T