“What a lucky discovery!”
Review of Palazzo Preca

Palazzo Preca
Ranked #19 of 257 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$26 - US$43
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Palazzo Preca Restaurant is serving a variety of Mediterranean and Maltese cuisine such as pasta "mostly recomended with seafood", colourful salads, juicy Irish steaks, traditional cooked rabbit, beef olives ,snails in garlic and what we are known for, the fish and shellfish which comes fresh every day.We are open every day for lunch and dinner, accept Sunday evening and Monday closed all day.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A casual conversation with a wine merchant in Valetta led to his recommendation to eat at Palazzo Preca, and we were very glad we did! We booked an early table on Sunday (@ 1845) and were impressed from the outset by the quality of table linen, glassware and cutlery. Charming and attentive staff provided a generous amuse bouche whilst we pondered the extensive menu. That was quite challenging, as the print was very small and I had forgotten to bring my reading glasses!! Oh, I nearly forgot the delicious bread and garlic butter!

As neither of us are big eaters, we both decided to skip starters and just have the Fritto Misto. The vast array of perfectly cooked seafood arrived - lightly floured before frying, and not a drop of oil to be seen anywhere. The accompanying vegetables were equally delicious, and I have to admit being unable to finish my plate! Sadly we also had to decline dessert!! With a very drinkable bottle of Maltese Chardonnay, the bill came to €52 ... to my mind a bargain for such good food in delightful surroundings.

Our thanks to all the staff who made it such a very pleasant meal. We shall definitely return when we visit Valetta again next year.

1  Thank The_Old_Brits
Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this this place by chance along with my family as we were searching for somwhere to eat in valletta and i can honestly say that we could'nt have found a better place to dine, such an amazing and luxurious dining experience accompanied with great service, customer care, also not forgetting the amazing food, all in all 10/10 , well done you guys/girls , it was a pleasure to dine at your restaurant.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had the red snapper and the seafood pasta... The fish was very fresh and cook perfectly and the pasta was just delish! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having unsuccessfully tried to book on line we popped in on a Sunday evening to reserve a table for later that night. We couldn't have been made more welcome. The entrance is very unassuming but it like a Alladin's cave inside, beautiful. Like an inner courtyard with high ceilings and ante rooms.
On our return later we were offered a choice of tables even though the place was buzzing with tourists and locals. I chose a silver bream from the catch of the day and was asked how I would like it cooked ( simply grilled) and then we were left to choose the rest of the meal. Mushrooms followed by veal in a lemon sauce for my husband and clams for me. we were given a small meze selection to enjoy whilst we waited for the starters, my husbands eyes lit up when this contained a dish of humous (his favourite)! the starters were delicious, not too big and very tasty. My cooked silver bream was then brought to the table for me to inspect before being filleted and deboned. Again both my fish and the veal were beautifully presented and very flavoursome. For desserts we chose a selection which consisted of 4 small pots of different tastes of heaven!
The wine list is excellent and service impeccable and not at all pushy or hurried. Our waiter Zak is actually one of the chefs but on a Sunday when it is not so too busy he his allowed out to be a waiter.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend were on a stroll and found this place. We gave it a go and we are so happy we did! The staff was polite and service minded. The manager came out and talked to the costumers and it put on a good vibe. We got mixed seafood platter and today's catch of fish and it was above all expectations. We have quite high standards and they were matched without a question. The food was tasty and full with flavour. The meals were average sized except for the platter which was very large ( no complains!!!!). The prizes were very reasonable between 15-23 euros for a main course (meat or seafood).

The enviroment and the settings were high class and neat! The silverware and clothing etc were very pleasing with silk and so on.

The staff... Professional, kind, and they knew what they were doing. I will definately go back to this place before going home!

I would recommend it to everyone who takes pleasure of dining and enjoys decent food!!

Keep up the excellent work!!