“Thank you”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Valletta
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Thank you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have spent a great week at the beautiful Hotel Phoenicia and would like to thank the staff for always being there to help, nothing was too much trouble. The cleanliness, comfort & the food & wine were excellent . Special thanks to Frieda & Francis, may Valletta keep winning the Cup.!
Will definitely stay here again our next visit, thank you.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor & happy with our room, we faced the bust terminal but got used to any...
2 Thank margaret186342

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

When we arrived around midday our room wasn’t quite ready, so we were offered free coffee in the Palm Court Lounge, a lovely large room with a central bar, perfect to soothe us after a very early start to our journey to Malta. After a short wait we were told the room was ready and that our luggage was on the way up. Room 317, a deluxe harbour view room, did not disappoint. It was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable and had a lovely view over Marsamxett Harbour.
The hotel is quite grand, but has charming, welcoming feel. The restaurant and bar are really nice rooms, and the walk down through the gardens to the pool very pleasant. Valletta is virtually next to the hotel, and everything in the city is within easy walking distance. We found some very good restaurants, and lots of friendly Maltese.
Breakfast at the hotel couldn’t be faulted, with a very good selection of hot and cold food, including eggs cooked to order.
Throughout our stay we found every member of staff to be attentive, helpful, friendly and focussed on the needs of the guests. All in all, we were very pleased with The Phoenecia, and we will certainly return.

4 Thank Offthetouristtrack
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I have wanted to go to Malta since we met in 1998. We finally
managed to find the perfect location at Hotel Phoenicia. The hotel itself was
perfect for us as we enjoy the architecture of the art deco era and the history
that goes with it.

The hotel is beautiful, the Palm Court Lounge is an amazing
place to have a drink and relax. The 7.5 acre garden is so beautiful culminating
with a relaxing pool overlooking the harbour.

The staff and facilities at the hotel were fantastic. The hotel has a
hairdressers and a beauty therapy room. I had a very relaxing massage with Rita
who was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was also of a high standard.

My husband wanted milk for his tea and the housekeeping staff got him a litre
carton of milk to put in the in-room fridge, just one of the little special
touches that housekeeping ensured made us feel special.

All-in-all it was a great relaxing holiday which was located just outside the city walls and within
perfect distance of everything. I loved Malta and I LOVED the Phoenicia. Well
done staff!!

I probably would not have booked this if I had not found it on lowcostholidays. They were a great website to use for booking, with competitve prices. A**** all around!!

Thanks Phonecia, the people of Malta and lowcostholidays! Would definitely book with them again and would definitely go back to Malta!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stephchallis66
Kraków
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days at the beginning of May.
Undoubtedly, Phoenicia has a unique atmosphere and has a lot to offer to its guests, but I move on a wheelchair, so I will focus on this aspect of my stay there. The hotel has no accessible rooms, however, when I was making the reservation, I was assured by the receptionist that if I don't mind using a bathtub (which I didn't), the bathroom is spacious and comfortable, so I booked a superior balcony room and, in order to be better prepared, as the room was not fully accessible, I asked by e-mail specifically about the width of the door to the bathroom before my arrival there to bring my narrowest wheelchair just in case. I got reply with assurance that it was wide enough (without specific dimension which should probably flash a warning light in my head, but I had no more time to extract the details).
The entrance to the hotel has three steps and a very professionally and aesthetically looking wheelchair lift at one side of them. I started to be a little worried when instead of using the lift, they pushed me with significant effort up a steep ramp (also too narrow) under the idle chair lift. Of course, when we arrived in the room, the door to the bathroom turned out to be too narrow (and I am rather a skinny person using an average wheelchair). They tried to show ma another room but the doors were all similar. When I demanded a solution, they reluctantly supplied their own wheelchair (they were embarassed because it was extremely old and quite demolished but narrow enough to get through the door) for me to use in the room (which was very cramped even for a healthy person) and the bathroom (which was indeed quite bright and spacious with its own separate balcony), I used my wheelchair outside.
I do not know how it is possible that a 5-star hotel in a EU country does not have a single wheelchair accessible room. I travel quite a bit, and understand that in some remote places and at some small hotels that may be the case, and I make a conscious informed choice deciding to go and stay there. But in the case of Phoenicia I was totally mislead and feel disappointed.

2 Thank JurekKrakow
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We checked in here rather begrudgingly because everywhere else was full and we weren't sure if we could justify the price of the room. We had seen other hotels claiming to be 4 star and were really dissappointed, so didn't hold out much hope for 1 extra star...
We loved it here!! The staff were attentive, friendly, so helpful. Though a little dated, and dare I say it, not London/New York 5 star, this hotel was a real treat. Enjoyed meandering through the grounds, fun crazy golf!, nice pool, lovely rooms (we stayed on two seperate occasions and the second time our room was 100% lovelier. Room 100!), fab breakfast in a gorgeous big airy dining room, beautiful views and BRILLIANT location. This place really helped make our well-needed, long overdue 4 day break away as perfect as it was. From going around looking at other accomodation options, I can tell you, save yourself the time and just book in here. It's worth the little extra (which if you look on expedia isnt that much more). You will not be dissappointed. Enjoy!!!! :)

3 Thank Jennifer A
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

What a great hotel, we are so pleased we stayed here. We had read good reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not left disappointed. Check in was good, rooms were good, the hotel bar was great and served great cocktails. Location was excellent in the heart of Valietta which was great for exploring the city

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a classy good value hotel in the heart of the city, offering great service and great surroundings.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank clare1309
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Thanks for a really nice stay in your hotel the 10th-17th of april 2012.room 104. Our 4th stay since 2010 and hopefully there will be more stays. The reason why we are returning time after time is the staff in the hotel. They are very nice and helpful and they take their time to speak to you. The beds have very good sleeping quality.it´s clean, It´s good situated next to the bus stop. The breakfast ist great. Nice veranda to sit at during summertime. The garden and the pool area is nice and the pool is heated ,all year round :). Perfect for us . We also try to recomend this hotel to family members and to friends. Best Regards Marie & Peter.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarieandPeter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valletta
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,417 reviews

Been to Hotel Phoenicia? Share your experiences!