The Phoenicia Malta
US$275
US$258
Agoda.com
The Coleridge(Valletta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,409 results
All reviewsclub barthe palm courtphoenix restaurantthe businfinity poolgrand old ladyold world charmpublic roomselegant hotelmain restaurantold stylecity gatea harbour view roomstar hotelbuilding workmain gatewithout exception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My Husband and I returned on 2nd June from a three night stay in this 1st class Hotel. Have stayed a few times in the past and found it even better this time., Look forward to returning.
A lovely traditional Hotel with character and charm so ofter missing in the modern Hotels today. The Staff are friendly, but treat you with respect at all times from the maids upwards. A great team of people.
After an amazing breakfast with such a choice along with the odd glass or two of Fizz(free) what better than to stroll down through the magnificent gardens, well tended with a view of the harbour to your left ,to the pool area which is smart and well kept with friendly staff yet again to attend to you, where you can have an enjoyable lunch servred to you with a smile and chat if you so wish. Pizzas are good!
We stayed in Room 313 which had a lovely view of the harbour and gardens, where you can sit in the chairs at your window enjoying a glass of chilled wine and admire, totally relaxing. I Cannot imagine how one previous review stated that (the skirtings were not properly finished) never felt inclined to even look. Looking out in the darkness at night was even better..
Rooms have nice soft furnishings,and very comfortable beds.which have lovely crisp white sheets which can be changed daily if so wished.
We ate in Pegasus a couple of evenings, again friendly staff, nice food with a relaxed setting. Did not eat in the main dining room on this occasion, but have done in the past and very pleasant, especially when able to eat out in the Conservatory.
The Palm Court is a great lounge to relax in with coffee, snacks or drinks, now served all day. Pleasant music playing in the background. Very sumptuous furnishings. Have to mention Keith the barman who was working there at the time of our stay, great to chat to, always smiling, nothing a problem to him.
There are too many goods things I could keep writing about, so thanks to everyone at the Hotel for making our Holiday such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocketmailscotmail
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We wanted to stay in a good quality hotel in a central location and hit the jackpot with the Phoenicia. Everywhere was a 10 minute stroll front the front door, shops, restaurants, sight seeing etc. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean and the service throughout was 1st class. Lovely restaurant with a good choice of menu and the buffet breakfast is one of the best I've ever had. Check out the 'Club Lounge' for a relaxing drink in the evening. Lovely 'old world' feel with modern standards of quality and service. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank cwalshe55
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Very good service in this traditional, grand, non-boutique hotel. perfectly situated for discovering Malta. Treated with familiarity and respect. Lovely garden , pool and terrace.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank rupert75
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel Phoenicia with my Mum and toddler and have to say from our transfer from the airport to our transfer back to the airport, our stay just got better and better! My Mum was super impressed with my choice of hotel as I had booked it as a Mother's Day gift to her; our trip is still earning me brownie points!

We received a Cead mile Malta Phoenicia style at the entrance and were taken through to the recently refurbished Palm Court Lounge for some deliciously refreshing drinks before being taken to our luxurious room which overlooked the picturesque harbour. Throughout our stay, the staff were super attentive especially to my little toddler who thrived on all the attention making life very easy for me.

We dined in-house at the Phoenix Restaurant one night and Pegasus Brasserie another night, both of which were superb and excellent value. While I mention food at the Phoenicia I have to mention breakfast - do not miss it! I had to drag myself away from the deliciously warm chocolate croissants every morning and the freshly-made omelettes which ensured that we had no room left for lunch!

Location wise, the hotel is perfect, situated across from the main bus station and also the open top tour buses - the conceirge even walked us across to the stop lest we get lost! It is also within walking distance of some of Malta's top sights such as St John's Co-cathedral, the upper Barracca gardens and Valletta's waterfront. There is plenty to do and see in Malta and the hotel perfectly balances an oasis of calm as well as having plenty to do if you feel like it, the gardens are vast & secluded, the pool area magnificent and there was salsa workshops on in the hotel while we were there which were amazing to watch and really added to our stay at night. The hotel is extremely popular with the locals which is always a good sign I think!

Throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble. My Mum & I love eating out and the staff went to great lengths asking about the type of food/restaurants we liked, ensuring they were child friendly and discreetly ascertaining the price range we were comfortable with - we weren't in the least bit disapointed each time. The ash cloud had just cleared when we went over and I found myself asking each morning if there was any sign of it coming back as we did not want to leave. A huge thank you to each and everyone of your fantastic staff for a totally amazing stay. I cannot wait to go back again and it will be for a week at least the next time with more of my family no doubt if my Mum has anything to do with it!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

A stay at the Hotel Phoenicia either for a few days or a few weeks will leave you wanting to return as soon as possible to the 5 star updated, modern hotel that is mixed with old world charm and a welcoming staff who will do all to make your stay a happy one.
Beautiful gardens with secluded, quiet areas that lead to a lovely swimming pool serviced by excellent staff and over looking the Marsamxwtt harbour.
Use the buses to get about the Island as the hotel is in a prime position for every thing... We have been visiting for 12 years now and the hotel is still the best .
All bars and restaurants are excellent with breakfast being second to none and all staff worth rewarding for the service they give.

The hotel is being refurbished to a very high standard but visitors are not made aware of this and not troubled by the work . Although we woud have preferred to see the original marble floors left in the bedrooms to retain the Mediteranean style.

So we would say . Go, relax, and enjoy the charming hotel and staff at the Phoenicia . Malta..

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple