“A GEM OF A PLACE!”

US$51.05*
Valletta - City of the Knights Half Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 93 things to do in Valletta
More attraction details
Owner description: Built between 1573 and 1577, this cathedral contains two masterpieces by Caravaggio.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am Maltese and really proud to have my country Island possessing this wonderful architectural piece. Hundreds of thousands of tourists enter and exit it throughout the year admiring in awe the architectural treasures, the richness in history as well as the most beautiful paintings ever to adorn this Cathedral. A trip to Malta is all the poorer with no visit to this central architectural piece. I say this even if I were not Maltese to dispel any doubt of what I am saying on the prejudiced basis of being Maltese!
Dr. Mark Said.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,155)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Entry fee entitles a handset with interesting commentary. What an awesome sight as you walk in. A breathtaking view. Such opulence . The wealth and power of all the Grand Masters that have contributed to this place!
I am particularly interested in Caravaggio, having seen many of his paintings. So, of course I savoured the opportunity to see his masterpiece of the beheading of St. John .
One of the best cathedrals that I have viewed. Very well spent €6.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Cathedral is , in my view , the finest and richest example of baroque architecture that I have ever seen. The incredible amount of detail that covers its floors , walls and ceilings , will leave you breathless. Couple this with a tour of the Cathedral Museum and it amounts to a completely unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This cathedral is a 'must see" on any trip that takes you to Malta. The building itself, the history, the art, it is a very impressive place. The tour is self guided and headsets are available. Feel free to wander and take your time.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our friend recommended we go to see St. John's Co-Cathedral church. He said he was biased and thought it was one of the most beautiful churches in the world. It is indeed beautiful and made me feel very much at peace.