“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went to Cafe Matteo in 2010 & 2011 and had very enjoyable snacks with delicious drinks.
Sadly in October 2013 the service was less good but the food was awful. I ordered a salad of shrimps in Rosemarie sauce which was delivered without sauce. When I questioned the sauce I was given 3 sachets of cheap mayo! My husband 's roasted pepper salad was submerged in oil and covered with poor quality anchovies.
We shall avoid this one in future.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin
“Well priced, conveniently located.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Service was good, outdoor tables, ok price for the very centre of Valletta in the heart of the tourist area.

Visited October 2013
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Our worst meal in Valletta”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We used this establishment several times last year and had some good meals there, so we thought we would use it again this year. On this occasion we both opted for the Spaghetti Bolognese and it turned out to be the worst meal that we have had in many years. It was awful, so we never went back (and never will again when we return to the city).

Visited October 2013
Trieste, Italy
“Lousy place in a pleasant location”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This café enjoys a lovely position in a little square along Valletta's main street, but this ends the list of its virtues. It has dirty tables and serves bad food. I had a beef wrap whose taste was undefiniable to say the least, and I had a very hard time to digest it. The waitress who attended me spoke almost no English. Nobody cares of the pidgeons coming to feed on the leftovers on the nearby tables.

• Visited September 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“No service, no smile”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stopped at this cafe to hide from the midday sun and the service was non existent to the point we had to ask to order drinks. However we were told to wait a minute whilst the waitress finished gossiping with a friend. When ordering the drink we were told it wasn't available so I picked another only to find I wished I'd gone for the water. We were grateful to get back in the midday sun.

• Visited July 2013