“Disgraceful!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Some people truly have no idea whatsoever about how to run a restaurant, or in Sicilia's case, even be around normal people! I took my mother here a while ago for lunch, as we found it while walking around the capital after some shopping. The view - wonderful. The place itself - lovely. The food - very good...the service RUN BY THE OWNER'S FAMILY... disgusting. My mother and i ordered just two plates of pasta and waited for an hour and half to be served. When i went inside to ask whether i could be fed or not, i just received verbal dismissal, and was told that there was only one cook - the father. (Not my problem at all). When the food finally arrived, the pushy mother and daughter decided to come over to our table and have a go, the daughter literally raising her voice ( no joke! ) saying that other restaurants charge more for their food because there are more staff. Complete rubbish, and this woman has clearly never been inside a restaurant except her own. When i concluded that i wasn't happy with her service, i was simply told " If you don't like it, you have the right to go elsewhere next time". During our argument, the table of British tourists in front of us, also added and agreed that the service was appalling. I do NOT recommend this place in any way, shape or form. These days, Valletta has a wonderful choice of fantastic restaurants / cafes to go to. Please, make sure Sicilia Restaurant isn't one of them!

3  Thank Chris E

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Staff forgot we booked a table the same day but we got one anyway. Great spaghetti vongole.. perfectly cooked

2  Thank Grelber01
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'm laughing reading these reviews because they're spot on. The service was abysmal. It's almost comical how bad it was. We had just stepped off the plane and were staying next-door so we were in little mood to explore - rather wanted something to eat quick. Sure enough: the two trolls (SPOT ON!) were so rude, it was almost as if their attitude was there trademark, or schtick, or something. The younger one looked over her glasses at me when I asked for a table for three with such distain, as if I were inconveniencing her beyond measure. The service didn't get any better. But the English breakfast was cheap and generous.

1  Thank MNataro
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food is relatively good, and the views are exquisite. But only go there if you have a big heart for humanity's greatest failings. The staff will loathe you and they will be sure to show you. And if you are lucky they might not shout at you. Just make sure to be very polite and do not ask them anything that is not in response to a question they pose to you. I've been there several times and the staff and owners are consistently rude. Unfortunately due to the beautiful location I cannot help but to continue returning. That said, if you feel like a pleasant dining experience that goes beyond just nice views, opt for another restaurant instead.

1  Thank 918matthewg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its a pity that the restaurant which has the most beautiful location in Valletta is run by the Med's rudest woman, I believe she is in fact Sicilian. Madam, you need to understand that in todays competitive restaurant business, politeness and good service are just as important as good food and setting.

4  Thank Turist1000_12