“My worst restaurant experience”
Review of Angelica

Angelica
Ranked #205 of 246 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Saw this place several times when walking around Valletta and finally me and my girlfriend decided to dine there after seeing advertised a live saxophone that night. The welcome was overwhelming but not the rest. Wine prices are absurdly high.... and they make you pay even for the bread. The food portions might not even be enough for children.... and the saxophonist did not turn up! And after all of this when we were asked how the food was and we clearly showed that we were disappointed, the owners treated us like everything was all right. Certainly never again and definitely not to recommend

14  Thank Patrick V

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been to this restaurant few weeks ago, what can I say about? .. Prices are to high for what you get. When I want to the rest room I saw the staff using their hands u portion the plates what a hygiene! We Had a piece of their 'Famous Carrot Cake' and guess what it had a moldy taste!! We also had a bottle of House White Wine, and after 2 days we went to buy things from the Lidl Supermarket since staying in a flat and I found the wine we had being sold from Lidl at a very lower price from what we paid there! I do think that Lidl supplies that restaurant - What a Quality! The Owner always tries to make you have what she wants! and she seems to have the best restaurant in Valletta - What a Big Joke - Possibly the WORST! .. one last thing NO VALUE FOR MONEY & A FRAUD EXPERIENCE!!

17  Thank Luke C
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my dinner there, Angelica is very hospital landlady. Waiter was nice and friendly. Restaurant is beautifully decorated, you feel almost like home. Most of all food was delicious, rabbit in champagne is worth trying as well Maltese sausage with great source. Price was reasonable.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was so glad to find this little gem of a cafe in the heart of Valletta.

There were building works going on beside it so we sat inside and the noise didn't bother us there. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the place was so sweet and pretty.

This is the type of place you could sit for hours..which we did after we ordered a wonderful bottle of Maltese white!

We both ate salads along with traditional bread and oil and there was more than enough on our plates to keep us going. For dessert we both had the salty caramel chocolate tart which was to die for, all finished off with a great espresso.

I would absolutely recommend this place to a friend.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was in Malta two weeks ago and on the day we were exploring Valetta, we were looking a spot for lunch (and to escape the noon heat). Angelica's was delightful find. We chose a table indoors and the staff warmly welcomed us in. The three of us each ordered three different entrees (and I also ordered the much-touted potatoes). Each dish was a knock-out, the wine delicious and the three desserts really capped off an wonderful afternoon spent here. Angelica chatted with us and the other guests a really went out of her way to make us comfortable. I only wish I had time to visit again during my trip.

As to the numerous comments about the cost, yes it was expensive but I knew that before I went in. If you go to a restaurant and don't check the menu or prices beforehand then you get what you deserve.

2  Thank PaulTena