Osborne Hotel
US$359
US$177
Hotels.com
1,153 results
All reviewsthe busrooftop poolsmall poolsouth streetexcellent locationcentral hotelair conbuffet stylequiet streetsliema ferrymain shoppingreception staffthree starhalf boardsmall hoteltea and coffeedouble bed
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We went to malta and stayed at this hotel for two nights and two nights at the intercontinental in st juliens.
Although the Osborne Hotel is described as a 3 star it certainly exceeds that rating. Its full of character and charm. The rooms are well designed and airy....the TV channel selection is quite good and during our stay they had a happy hour between 6-8... drinks half price.
We dined here first night as it was raining out...food was good and hearty..not fine cuisine but homely and 4 courses for 10 euros is excellent value in Valletta.
The location is very convenient for exploring Valletta and I would recommend at least days to explore this historic capital.
The staff here are friendly and helpful although the lady manning the desk could could with smiling occasionally....the elderly chap on the front desk at other times is very proactive and full of advice to get the best out of your trip.
We stayed at the Intercontinental for the next two nights and although it is a 5 star we wished we had remained at the Osborne.
One little criticism, although the booking site says there is parking,,,it is street parking not a dedicated hotel car park.
All in all we highly recommend this charming excellent hotel.

Room Tip: The single room(double bed) have no window so if claustrophobic ask for room with window.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank major s
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of an EasyJet holiday because of its central location.
The hotel is in an ideal location, the staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable with tea and coffee facilities as well as a TV. Fresh towels every day.
We booked on a b&b basis and you could not complain about the range and quality of the buffet. We tried the dinner buffet on the first night for €12 each, it was that good and the options so varied that we found it great to eat in every night and then go out for a walk around town.
Would defiantly stay there again, Valletta is the best place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cpsweeney
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Yes as many reviewers have said this hotel is in an excellent location. Valletta is pretty compact so everywhere is kind of central but this hotel is nicely positioned 100 metres or so inside the main gate. The hotel has a friendly low key atmosphere with helpful staff at the check in desk. There are excellent views from the rooftop area where there is a small swimming pool. Upper floor rooms are bigger. The breakfast is pretty basic and disorganised but OK. The staff don't replenish items efficiently and can get in the way whilst clearing up. A word of warning though not the hotel's fault - they booked my family a taxi to the airport. In the room they advertise that it will be 20 Euros but the taxi driver charged us 25E despite my protests. Confirm the price with the driver before you take the taxi. I did report this to the hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hugh186337
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Used this hotel for my first business trip to Malta a few years ago, been back every time since. Located in walking distance of central Veletta with all the tourist attractions and great restaurants, staff are really helpful,( always organise taxi's and collection from the airport), rooms are clean, cool and comfortable, every bit as good as any I have stayed in in Europe in the same price range, and the prices are very reasonable. I have looked at other hotels but none ever tick all the same boxes as the Osborne.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gunner246
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had a few days in Malta and needed somewhere in Valletta for easy connections around the country so chose this hotel - it helped that I got a really good price (if you're after a single room, beware the standard tripadvisor search - it seems to look for twins) !

Firstly the good stuff - my bedroom was clean and a reasonable size, and the bed was good and firm. It was on the third floor, and I had a window, with a little view of the sea. I also visited the top floor (didn't try the plunge pool), but did enjoy the views over the city.

The room was recently refurbished, and therein started the problems! The nice powerful shower was great, but the way the water flowed through a gap in the shower screen onto the floor was not!! I tried telling the staff, but they either weren't interested or told me that it was my fault.

Whilst I didn't have the noise problems that others did, the workmen did start really early, and I never felt like I got a really good night's sleep.

On the first evening the wifi wasn't working at all, which stopped me doing the work that I wanted to get done. Whilst the receptionist was friendly, he really didn't have a clue, and it was only when other people reported it not working that he believed me! It was fixed mid morning the next day.

The breakfast was a reasonable affair, but nothing to write home about - there wasn't a great selection of food, and nothing much changed each day. The filter coffee (no coffee machine) was perfectly drinkable.

Despite my annoyances, I was going to give the hotel 3 out of 5 ... but then on the last morning, I asked the receptionist where the nearest taxi rank was. When I asked him to show me on a map (his directions were confusing), he refused! After I insisted (I was not going to miss my flight because of shoddy instructions), he huffed and puffed and grudgingly did.

Room Tip: Ask for a window and not on a floor that is currently being refurbished (and higher up if possible).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo