“Excellent pasta!”

Ranked #18 of 246 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Pira - Maltese Kitchen - family run small character restaurant 300 years old building. this Maltese kitchen popular with fresh local dishes (rabbit)(octopus stew) lampuki tuna when in season .variety of pasta .fresh salads soups and specials every day
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been so many times in Valletta and I always end up going to the same restaurant La Pira.
To start with, the waitresses are very welcoming and outgoing and never disappoints to give a great service!
My most favorite dish is chicken pasta. It's always cooked perfectly and the sauce is to die for.
While in Valletta, I couldn't ask for something better :)

There are newer reviews for La Pira

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Whenever someone asks where to go in Valletta, La Pira is the 1st place that comes into my mind:The place is in the middle of Merchant street. We went to La Pira for lunch time and we had the traditional Maltese rabbit and I would say that it was the best rabbit dish I have ever tasted,Delicious, Different and Tender [ a huge portion,fantastic sauce,nice veg and great roasted potatoes to company] We find friendly staff and I must say this was one we will never forget and definitely go again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've been to La Pira many times. The restaurant has a really relaxing setting and the food is great. The times I went I always ordered something different and one time I ordered the Maltese rabbit. It was delicious, very tender and the sauce was great. This restaurant is worth a visit and I would recommend the Maltese Rabbit and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

La Pira is one of my favourite restaurants to go to. My favourite dish would definitely be the mouth- watering and tender rabbit with potatoes and vegetables. The atmosphere upstairs is great, especially for teenagers. The staff are very friendly, and I would strongly recommend this restaurant. A nice glass of wine, some good food and you're set for a relaxing night.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Every now and then, I enjoy going to La Pira for lunch. Salads are the dishes I frequently take as they are filled with fresh ingredients. I can take any of the choices available and am never let down! Each dish is beautifully garnished and presented also with fresh Maltese bread.

1  Thank Annabelle F