“Hidden Gem in Valletta!”

Soul Food Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: FOR WHO LOVES TASTY AND HEALTHY FOOD SOUL FOOD restaurant was founded in Valletta on 27th July 2013 in the historical Merchant Street behind the Grand Master’s Palace. The philosophy of soul food is based on the belief that food has a direct impact on our lives; it nourishes and can create balance in our body. Food for us means nourishment of BODY, MIND and SOUL. We choose our ingredients carefully and prepare every plate freshly on order. We also offer plates specially designed for people with food intolerances and celiac, vegetarians and vegans. Our mission is to create a place for EVERYONE, combining regional Italian food with a vegan and vegetarian line; a place where food, soul and wellbeing come together and where the relaxing atmosphere and soul food team create the scenography. We lovingly create a SELECTION of DISHES: homemade VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN BURGER, FRESH PASTAS, RAW SALADS, WONDERFUL BUDDHA BOWLS, homemade PIADINA and artisan CAKES paired with refreshing SMOOTHIES.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was roaming the city for a vegetarian restaurant when I came across this little GEM. I went in had a look at the menu, discussed my dietary needs and they were very friendly and accommodating with my needs. I had home-made Gnocchi with Gorgonzola cheese with an Italian hot chocolate. Boy was I in for a treat! The Gnocchi was light and fluffy and the cheese sauce was just right, not too overpowering which gorgonzola can be at times. The Italian hot chocolate was definitely one of the richest and the best hot chocolate I've ever head. To finish, I ordered their home-made Tiramisu! Dessert heaven! It was light, not too overly creamy and the flavours packs a punch! Again, I would say one of the best Tiramisu I've had! If I ever return to Malta, I would definitely return!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

And quite possibly, Malta! This is a tiny nugget of hipsters, italian cuisine at its excellency and very good music...for the soul! :)

1  Thank Ana D
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

If you like kind service from a local vendor with exceptional food, this is your stop! We stopped her, hungry for lunch and what a find. You are actually eating food prepared for you and with fresh ingredients with personalized service. The meal was amazing and the individual service was worth it. You most go early--house wine is very good. All the sandwiches are excellent. Out of out group we had 3 of them. The pasta is fresh and the cheese plate for two is exceptional.
I'm know that there are a lot of places to eat, but this place is worth the stop for lunch. Reasonable and fabulous. We will be back--we just hope they keep their charm!!! Thanks for a great impression on Malta.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

A friend asked to meet at this small but cute cafe in Valletta. Lucky to get a table outside of the door... in spite of the market.. there was enough space. While waiting.. I had the chance to do people watching and the market usual bustle. The weather was idyllic summer day.
I went for Piadini with Mozzarella, tomatoes, anchovies... my friend went for the spaghetti with ragu and eggplant. Both food were freshly done. The owner served the food and took time to chat with us.. a nice personal touch. Shared the chocolate cookie which was made from fresh dark chocolate.
Definitely a place to round up one's Valletta morning. Will try it out in the evening when the street is free of the market stalls.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Choices were great and included some nice salad and vego options. We ordered salad as well as piandina. Salad was fresh and lovely, the piandina lacked something, maybe a little more flavour needed - the "bread" was really yum! The coffee was really nice, possibly the best in Valletta as was the "iced coffee"!! Service was really good. They could do with more seats. Would recommend for sure!