“Good food, perhaps a little overpriced and NO Entertainer app on specials ”
Review of Mandraggio

Mandraggio
Ranked #109 of 280 Restaurants in Valletta
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location is pretty decent, nice views of the sunset over Manoel Island as you eat your grub. Service was reasonable and attentive. We had the calamari and prawns, and the sea bass. They were both excellent, although the sea bass was only served with potatoes, and not vegetables, leaving this diner a little hungrier than he expected. A little overpriced too for what we got. Also, sounds strange, but maybe I missed the good menu, because I was getting serious food envy looking at some of the other tables!! Wine menu was also good, descriptive and well priced. Also, we came here because of the Entertainer app, so it was very disappointing that we weren’t able to use it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is no atmosphere, no meal and no service to give. Yesterday, Thursday I phoned and placed and booked a table for 5, inside at 12.30pm. Spoke to Joseph. Arrived, Joseph nowhere to be seen, food deliveries still in the entrance. 'Sorry madame' the guy at the door informed me. Well, the least you could do is phone back. Being my mother's 86th birthday, was very very much disappointed. Sorry, do not recommend this restaurant at all.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Nice place to visit and relax.The service is quite good and pizzas are to die for. Pity its a bit too small but overall its very good.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Refrain from going to Mandraggio if you plan to use your Entertainer. They DO NOT ACCEPT it, but make you pay for the whole bill. They get away by saying the savings are on the pizza menu. What a cheek! They don’t tell you this before.

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I made reservations to take my 80+ year old parents for Sunday lunch. On arrival we were allocated a table outside in the sun with only a small umbrella covering 1 seat. The other 5 have to sit and have lunch in the sun. On complaining the answer from the owner/manager was: "That is all the umbrellas we have and any way the sun is not so hot today".. what arrogance.. I don't know if his compatriots (he is Sicilian) are used to sitting in the sun to have lunch but I am definitely not. Will never return and will never recommend to anyone...