“Fish and excellent italian food”
Review of Fumia - CLOSED

Fumia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Fumia... Francesco and the staff (usually all women) are an incredible team. They work as hard as the chefs in the kitchen to make the evening an experience! The food is fish and past cooked the sicilian way. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

I'm an atypical italian. I do not like pasta. Well I can swallow it but it wouldn't be the first thing I look for when dining out. However the Linguine with Lobster here are divine. And the lobster on the plate was abundant!!
Starters are abundant, the mixed fish starter usually is enough to end the meal, so I suggest to take it easy however the tuna marinated in balsamic vinegar is one of the best way I had "cooked tuna.

"Off the menu" I recommend to ask if they have received their weekly delivery of fresh ricotta from sicily... should the answer be a yes... then dare to ask for "risotto with ricotta on a bed of squid ink"!!!
This unusual combination is really good! The layers of sweet and savoury mixing in your mouth are to die for (do not mix it on the plate!! just cut through with the fork and pick up both the risotto and the squid ink)
Also when they are stocked up on ricotta it can only mean that for dessert you can order cannoli!!!!!

Please do yourself a favour, do not order deep fried calamari here, I am sure they do it well but you could have this dish anywhere else in Malta! The fresh fish and pasta the way they cook it here however are not common in many other places.

The sicilian wines selection is great.

1  Thank Eyesopenwideshut

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 days in Malta and tried numerous of the restaurants. Our last evening we had an incredible dining experience. The staff was great as was the more than ample wine list. The fish was displayed for your inspection and prepared exactly as it should be according to the menu. I requested a pasta dish not on the menu but made to my description. It was perfect. So while most of Valletta's restaurant are excellent, Fumia is in class by itself. This is the number one in Valletta.

1  Thank concher
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Properly prepared, excellent seafood. Very friendly staff from Sicily. The restaurant has a a very good location. The prices are really affordable, regarding the very good quality.

This restaurant is highly recommended if you visit Valletta on Malta.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Lovely setting, good atmoshpere, quality service, we had a lovely evening with just a small disappointment in the calamari which was rather chewy, we would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to enjoy somerthing special.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I loved the remark on the menu that said "we are a fish restaurant, but if you want meat ask the waitress". Why would you want meat when the fish is this good? If you like Fish and shellfish cooked in an Italian style then you must visit this restaurant. Brilliant setting and atmosphere. Excellent service. Did I mention the quality of the fish?