I have stayed at Bladypi twice: once in a single room in the hostel part in 2009 and once in a single room in the guesthouse/hotel part in 2014.
My hostel room in 2009 was spartan but adequate.
My guesthouse/hotel room in 2014 was lovely and was in a very new part of the complex. Comfortable bed, good TV, very nice bathroom. My only criticism is that the window wouldn't open beyond a fraction and, absent any other means of cooling the room, a mere 12 degree day made the room feel quite warm.
Breakfast was included and was adequate. No gluten free bread provided despite advance notice as to my special dietary requirements, however I was forewarned by the travel agent (Greengate Incoming, based in Torshavn) that Bladypi does not cater for special dietary needs.
Bladypi is situated right next to a decent supermarket. Guesthouse/hotel guests can make use of the hostel kitchen for self catering although I did not do so.
Bladypi is excellently located in the heart of pretty Torshavn.
Things to be aware of:
- there is very little open in Torshavn on weekends, especially Sundays
- the reception area has limited hours (not a problem for checking in or out as keys can be left in a safe, but only an issue if you need assistance or travel advice etc)
- except on weekends and out of hours, parking around Bladypi is paid.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bladypi Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bladypi Hostel Faroe Islands/Torshavn