“Nice setting and good, local food”
Review of Cafe Du Pont

Cafe Du Pont
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Vianden
Cuisines: German, Dutch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great place in a beautiful town. The owners & staff were extremely friendly, the food was very good and the beer was cheap - pair that with a sidewalk view of the Our River and the Chateau Vianden and it's really not to be missed. If you add it to your listings I will post a more complete review. Thanks!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family ate here for a snack or light lunch. We got a selection of local dishes, based on the recommendation of the friendly, helpful waiter. Not everything was to our liking but it was all nicely prepared and we enjoyed the chance to sample some local cuisine and see what we liked and didn't. The restaurant has a nice view over the river and is picturesque inside as well so the atmosphere is quite nice. Prices were reasonable for a sit down restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had lunch snack and an evening meal in the riverside restaurant. Friendly waiter. Lovely fruit beer on the rocks

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped in here for a light dinner on our way back to our hotel after visiting the Chateau. Everything on the menu look very good but the Schnitzel Maison is the best schnitzel I have ever had. They also had great beer and at a very good price for western Europe. The waiter was very friendly and helpful in helping us make our choices.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The dish, although not all that grand with its taste, was still nice and well presented. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and always with a smile, and the views were gorgeous.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The food was ok, not amazing, ok. At the beginning everything was fine, the waiter was friendly. However, then he made a mistake with one of the orders and when we told him, he started screaming: "I know what you ordered, I have a computer! I can change it but don't tell me that you didn't order this, I know what you ordered, I have a computer!". I definitely won't go back again!