“best restaurant in Luxemburg”
Review of Oro e Argento

Oro e Argento
Ranked #64 of 762 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Price range: US$45 - US$112
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Oro e Argento restaurant, awarded with 3 forks by the Michelin guide and featuring lavish Venetian decor, offers exceptional cuisine and an outstanding selection of Italian wines.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best restaurant in Luxemburg”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

How come that this restaurant does not have one or two Michelin stars yet? This is simply the best restaurant in Luxembourg and among my favorites in Europe. Forget over-rated one or two stars places; Try Oro e Argento! The value for money is incredible. I am spending a couple of nights at the Sofitel and this is the only place where I am going to have my dinners. Why try anything else?

The Italian food is much better than in most places in Italy. The quality and freshness of the products are fantastic. It does not matter what you have: Try the fish, the meat, the pasta, the risotto.... all the dishes are so tasty (and look wonderful in the plate). The chef has many many talents. My dinner last night was flawless (try the truffle polenta). Looking forward to going back tonight.
The service is great, very friendly and professional. The wine list (mostly Italian wines) is great too and prices are not outrageous. Do not miss it if you want to have a great evening and a memorable dinner! Forget the fact that the restaurant is located in a hotel. The dining room is beautifully decorated. A must!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank pierre_hillion

Luxembourg
“Great food, Great service, Great location”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I do not understand why I did not write a review much earlier for this restaurant since I am a long-term client. The location is very relaxing, with good-size tables and privacy is really guaranteed. What to say of the food. It is of the highest quality possible, from the olive oil you find on each table (try it on the great homemade bread rolls with some salt and pepper!) to the different kinds of pasta, rice, meat and fish. The food is prepared in a very creative way and presentation of the plates could not be better. Try as a starter the culatello or the lobster. As first course I loved the risotto with grilled scampis and vegetables. As second course you could try the filet mignon de veau (veal) as well as the polenta with truffles. You will want to come back again the day after!!!
The service is fantastic (M. Jerome and his team) and you could not expect more because they love their clients and at the same time they are also very reserved.
The prosecco, the wines and the like are all great. Really the best of the best.
They also have tables in the atrium where you feel almost like outdoors with scenic view on the waterfall.
As a food/restaurant lover I seriously advise you to visit this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MicheLux
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“1st time, last time”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant and we still don't know why. We were here, (13:15 late I admit) for lunch. The seating looks like you are in for a treat ( inside that is, we had to find the door via an exposition of some medical kind) but that is it. To be very honest I cannot be bothered to mention all the details, so just the highlights. With the starter the mentioned gamba's ended up to be bacon. It was supposed to be fish with the main cause, but it could have been anything. No taste. The wine I won't bother. All the left overs were mine. My wife asked for a light desert and was served with 3 kinds of chocolate whitout a blink. Yes mid June when all the nice fruits are available. The bill? I could'nt be bothered to look, it was over priced any way.
As said: 1st time last time. Worst food and service I had in Luxembourg in 15 years

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AvE3011
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The decoration and general atmosphere of the restaurant leaves you with the feeling that you're in for a gourmet treat. Unfortunately, my visit soon proved to be quite the opposite. Our group (colleague and clients) were particularly dissapointed with the quality of the food served and the young waiter that served us was also quite "relaxed". His attitude was even a little familiar at times (speaking a couple of words of italien to the client's (attractive) daughter!)

Definitely not what I was expecting from an establishment of this category and price range. We chose it specifically as an invitation for our client from the Gulf. Needless to say we were feeling fairly unconfortable towards the end of the meal. Thankfully, he was very understanding, reminding us that he travels a lot and understands that sometimes things dont go the way you want them to.

Happily we made up for this by inviting him again but this time we went to the Pomme Cannelle restaurant in the Royal Hotel. We were kicking ourselves for not having chosen this option the first time around. Food excellent, personnel discrete and professional, valet parking etc.

I definitely will not make the same mistake twice!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank David H
London, United Kingdom
“Atrium restaurant”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We didn't stay in the hotel but we ate last week at the Atrium restaurant. First veggie option we were offered was fish. I explained that fish isn't vegetarian (seriously, how can someone who works in the food industry not know that?) so I received a plate of boiled vegetables. No joke. I have travelled all over the world and ate food 100 times better in back street cafes?

I would never stay in the hotel based on my experience in the restaurant.

3 Thank twinkfran