“Good Budget Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 51 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Budget Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Lots of negative reviews here. We were apprehensive staying. Actually, cheap, clean, fine to get your head down for one night. I was at the back of the hotel, no issues with noise. Its not the Hilton, it's cheap, clean accommodation for one nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get a quiet one at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our group stayed at the Hotel Yasha for one night as we were in Luxembourg for a football match. On arrival they didn't have a triple room available, although we had booked and paid in full in advance so one of our group was given a single room in the Hotel Zurich across the road from the Hotel Yasha. The twin room I stayed had been recently refurbished and was immaculate. The other room our group stayed in had not been refurbished but was acceptable for the price we had paid.

Reading previous reviews we were aware that the hotel was in the red light area but although there were a few prostitutes hanging around at night we've stayed in worse areas. Although fine for a group, I wouldn't bring my wife to this area.

My friend who stayed in the Hotel across the road has been robbed during the night. He had left his room unlocked and the thief stole some cash and a bank card. We reported this but they seemed more concerned about the key that had also been stolen. The buffet breakfast was good and overall if you're travelling with a group of friends and looking for a budget hotel near the train station this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

As I check in, they had already charged my credit card used for booking. I asked to charge to another card and they flat out denied it saying that only the manager could do it (allegedly computer restrictions). I took me half an hour of arguing to find out that the guy lying to my face was the owner. He made me walk to the train station to get cash and pay him, because he didn't want to pay the credit card transaction fees to make the charge to my other card.

Contrary to what was advertised on the website, there was no wifi in the room. The owner had the courage to tell me that yes, there is wifi, if I kept half of my body out of the room I would get some signal. I had to laugh. I was counting on internet for work, so I had to go downstairs to the lobby to try and get some (low quality) internet. As I'm there, sketchy looking guys are coming in and out, and at times a smell of marijuana comes from inside the place. As I get back into my room, I notice that the covers have sperm-looking stains. That was too much for me to handle. I asked for my money back, and they refused. I could do nothing, as I had already paid with cash.

I travel 1-2 times a month for work. This was the worst hotel experience of my life.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank muranga

Travellers are raving about these Luxembourg City hotels

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

this hotel attempted to charge me twice! they refused to believe that I had paid in advance even when I showed them my bank statements which clearly showed a payment to Yasha Hotel. After lenghty argument they eventually agreed to look thru their accounts only to find that YES I had paid 'quelle surprise', not even an apology, then they gave me a different room to the original. Of course the new room was crap - two single beds instead of the double bed requested when reserved and paid for. Similar to others I found the location noisy - drunks shouting and cars honking all night. Try anywhere else.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Peter C
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Have to agree with the other reviews on this site only stay here if like me you had no choice. Room is so small you can barely get through the door, the beds are a very short length so they can fit into the room i am 5.7 i the beds were shorter than me. room is so small when you stand up within one a step you are standing in the bathroom. The shower cubicle is so small you cannot even shut the door behind you so you also get water everywhere and i am quite a small boy. The noise outside runs till 4 in the morning everynight of the week from the bars and it is properly loud people shouting, music blaring complete nightmare you defintley need you ear plugs the good news though is once the music finally stops and the drunk pointless wailing finally ceases the street cleaners kick in ensuring a most unpleasant nights sleep. Service? what service. Take my advice book in advance and stay at the best western at the end of the street.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank StickyResin
Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

The hotel while central to the train station is in the middle of the Red Light Zone and had I checked with TripAdvisor I would have seen this (but was a last minute trip) I would have known this I would have spent the extra few dollars and stayed somewhere else. The paper thin walls did not keep out the sound of the extremely loud music from the surrounding strip clubs and only stopped around 4:30am.
The rooms were tiny and very basic. The bathrooms were also small and dirty. Not sure what the cleaner was paid for because they obviously were not cleaning.
The staff were moderately helpful and were only happy to charge for services like an extra blanket because the ones provided resembled a threadbare sheet.
Breakfast was in a tired room out the back in serious need of attention and I was a little skeptical of the hygiene around the food processing area and buffet bar.
It would seem that the patrons of the strip clubs just walk across the road to this hotel as a cheap option with the Woman of their dreams. Note again the paper thin walls previously mentioned.
On the whole I would never stay here again even if paid to as part of a dare!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Mainly_Travel_09
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

one night stay in Luxembourg for business but wanted something in budget range
hotel near station but also opposite night (strip club) so very nosiy & no a/c .
Warm evening so very noisy & then builders almost outside window (4th floor ) at 7 am
Unfriendly staff,small poky room ,cheaply furnished
assume better value can be found in the city

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business