“lively atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2012

this is a decent restaurant both for lunch or dinner.The times when I have eaten here it has been neither poor nor excellent at a reasonable price for central Luxembourg. Service is acceptable. I would suggest making a booking and making it clear what sort of table you would like - in the main area in the front , a quiet table behind the bar or a larger noisier area at the back .

There are newer reviews for RESTAURANT BASTA COSI

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I used to go there during lunch breaks in the past. I returned recently for dinner. What an idea! The place was overcrowded. Lots of big tables. Still they managed to find us a table for two (we had made no reservation). We appreciated it and we sat on our small but relatively well-positioned table. We had to put our coats on the back of our seats (!) and wait for quite some time before someone would appear again!
The restaurant was noisy and the lights were not enough to allow reading the menu! I was more guessing than choosing. My "Saltimbocca alla romana" was very salty. I did not enjoy it at all. The "semifreddo" was just acceptable. I will not return.

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

I had dinner just a few minutes ago, together with several colleagues. It is the first time in my life that 'vongole' did not have any taste at all! The dish had many ingredients but no flavor, as if it were purely artificial.
I was disappointed because the first impression when you enter is quite good in terms of atmosphere. But that's all... unfortunately .... atmosphere is not eatable!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

In the evening I will never return there, twice they showed such an awful service that it definitely served me as a lesson. One of these experiences having been at a big table with friends, we reserved for more than a dozen people and unfortunately two couldn't attend - the owner made a scandal and requested us to pay for the 2 absent ones as if they would have eaten, because apparently they prepared already "certain things" - a blunt lie, not only because we didn't pre-order any determined dishes, but also because it took them thereafter more than 1 hour !! to serve us what we eventually ordered. For lunch the bad suprise of slow and inattentive service happened only 1 out of 3 times in the past, so when friends insisted a few days ago, I gave in and accepted to participate once again in the service lottery for lunch time. My friends were lucky at the lottery and got prompt and attentive service for their pizzas, but I had to wait much longer than they because the restaurant was temporarily out of noodles, which shouldn't actually happen in an Italian restaurant, especially not if you just take the "plat du jour" (today's special). The food itself is absolutely acceptable, just the way to get it isn't at all. Unless you're a gambler or in the need to kill an excess of free time, I'd recommend to avoid this place. There are more expensive locations, but one can't call them really cheap either - at least you get good reasons why to save on tips.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This restaurant was off a cobled street and had a nice relaxed ambience. Wasn't anything particularly luxurious in terms of deco or overally formal but the food was nice and the creme brulee here was really good! I definitely left the restaurant feeling satisfied after 3 courses!

From what I can tell it's good for a work dinner and was reasonably priced.