1. Was the hotel close to things (e.g. transport, attractions, restaurants)?
The hotel is in the new part of town, whereas all the interesting things to see and restaurants are in the old part of town which is a good 30 or 40min walk away. The Hop On / Hop Off bus goes very close to the hotel however. Main train station very close by.
2. Was the hotel in a safe area?
Seemed to be in a red light district, if not just a very grungy area.
3. Was there much noise at night?
Our room was on the first floor facing the street, so there was a bit of noise from patrons in the cafe below, which went on til early morning.
4. What was the quality and cleanliness of the hotel furniture and fittings like (e.g. bed, lock-up safe, shower)?
Very basic furniture that looked a bit worn, although comfortable, clean and functional.
5. Do the hotel staff provide a good service (e.g. competence, attitude, availability)?
It might have been a problem with translation, but we couldn't get our shutters to work on the first night. I asked staff to swap our room because we had street and neon lights lighting our room at night, but they said they had nothing else available. However, they didn't come up to check out the problem either, until the next morning, when a simple resolution was found.
6. What were the hotel amenities like (e.g. breakfast, restaurant, pool, bar, car parking)?
Breakfast spread was quite good. Secure car parking available for a small fee across the road.
7. Did the room come with extras (e.g. minibar, TV, internet, air-con, tea making facility)?
TV available in room, with satellite channels.
8. Other / general comments:
This place was very basic and looked shabby, although it was comfortable. I'd try somewhere different if possible, as i am sure there is better value out there, and in better city position.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Bristol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bristol Luxembourg/Luxembourg City